You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00047 Jun 2006

Jun 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Let us enjoy the second verse of Amudhanaarâ??s
Iraamaanusa nooRRanthAthi:

Though last among 12 AzhwArs, Thirumangai AzhwAr, also
called as Parakaala is termed equal to Nammaazhwar and
addressed as Parankusa, Parakalaâ?¦ revered and
thought of immediately next to Parankusa
[Nammaazhwaar]. Sri Ranga priyar- Srirangam is
endearing to his heart and it is he [Parakalar] who
established the rendering and recitation of
Nammaazhwaar Divine verses during VaikuNta ekAdasai
Uthsava [or Pahal patthu, Iraappatthu Uthsava] at
Srirangam. [which later again was re-established by
Sriman Nathamuni]. It is Thirumangai AzhwAr who went
to every dhivya mangaLa vigraha archA moorthy of
Emperumaan and immersed himself in the glories aand
beauty of perumAL and made many temple of the Lord
into MangaLaasaasana Dhivya Desam [AzhwaargaLaal
mangaLaa saasanam seydhu paadal peRRa sthalam]. Thus
he became the role model for all Srivaishnavas to
immerse oneself in the glories of Nammaazhwaar, in the
glory and beauty of Dhivya Desa archA mUrthys; etc..
and hence Sri Ramanuja has highest regards and
adoration for Parakala. Hence Amudhanaar takes up
Parakala and love of Sri Ramanuja for him in this
second verse. He had addressed the mind earlier
because he understands the status of his mind and what
goes on there.

kaLLaar pozilthen Nnarangan kamalap pathangaLn^enchiR
koLLaa manicharai neengik kuRaiyal piraanatikkeez
viLLaatha anpan iraamaa Nnuchanmikka cheelamallaal
uLLaathen Nnenchu on RaRiyEn enakkuRRa pEriyalvE.  2

My mind never thinks of anything and anyone except the
greatest kalyANa guNAs of Sri Ramanuja- Emperumaanaar-
who never separates himself from the Lotus feet of
ThirumangaiAzhwAr of ThirukkuRaiyaloor (who mercifully
blessed us with the most divine Prabhandhams),
brushing aside and simply ignoring "others" [who,
though blessed with being born of this birth and being
exposed to Veda saashthrAs (and their greatest
esoteric description of Emperumaan Sriya:Pathi and His
KalyANa guNAs), do not take refuge at the Lotus Feet
of Emperumaan, nor do they mediate even once on the
Lotus Feet of the Most Beautiful Lord of
Thiruvarangam]. I, the lowliest self, frankly do not
know how am blessed to have got this thinking! It is
my Bhaagyam [fortune] for being the recipient of Sri
Ramanujaâ??s grace! (and our fortune too!).

Upto the term â??neengiâ?? Ramanuja is addressed. Also
it can be addressed to Amudhanaar as Amudhanaarâ??s
mind also did not associate with those who are not
devoted to the Lotus feet of Lord Ranganatha; Like
Udayavar Sri Ramanuja who wished to reside in
Srirangam till the last breath [upto dhEhaavasaanam],
Amudhanaar also wished to live only at Srirangam till
the end. KuRaiyal Piraan Kaliyan, Thirumangai AzhwAr
also wished to be in Srirangam and brought
Nammaazhwaar vigraham to Srirangam to establish the
PaaraayaNa kaimkaryam. Aniyaar pozhilssozh aranga
nagar appaaaa! - Kaliyan addressed Rangan. Sri
RanganAthan became Naayakan for AndAL and Kaliyan
believed that He would come to her â??Parakaala
naayakiâ?? also as Her naayakan and take her.

Manisarai- Those who do not have Sri RanganAthan in
their minds are NOT manisar [humans]; merely because
of their human form, they may be consider as lowly
humans.
Mama bhaktha bhakthEshu- Ramanuja had reverence and
respect for the devotees of the Lord Ranganatha; and
there is no wonder he had such an adoration for
Parakala- Thirumangai AzhwAr. That is the greatness of
Sri Ramanuja. To such glorious Emperumaanaar, my mind
immerses itself in his glories and kalyANa guNAs. This
is not actually the reason for my mind to have such a
reverence for Emperumaanaar; It is the cause for its
sustenance [pOshakam]. The real cause is his glances
on me- mentions Amudhanaar.

My mind feel for Emperumaanar like so many Crores of
sishyas of his, because of his kalyANa guNAs; his
divinely beautiful ThirumEni azhaghu; his greatness;
his showering benevolent glances on ever one of his
sishyas, etc.. Raamaanuja mUrthy japam and Gaayatri
japam are equal; Not just utterance of his naama
japam; my mind has started composing verses on such a
divine name of Ramanuja. What is the reason for the
same? Why should I begin to investigate the reason and
cause? I better start feeling blessed for being given
such a capacity to recite verses on Ramanuja.

[what a great commentary by Sri UttamUr Swami!]

EmeprumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan