You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00055 Jun 2006

Jun 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Let us enjoy the fourth verse of Amudhanaarâ??s
Iraamaanusa nooRRanthAthi:

The reason for my being able to sing in praise of Sri
Ramanuja like these verses of NooRRanthAthi, is only
due to Emperumaanaarâ??s limitless compassion on this
lowly self through the merciful KooratthAzhwAnâ??s
blessing me by taking me as his [KooratthAzhwAnâ??s]
sishya and thus  EmperumAnAr placed His lotus feet on
my head.

ennaip puviyil oruporu Laakki maruLchurantha
munnaip pazavinai vEraRuththu oozi muthalvanaiyE
pannap paNiththa iraamaa Nnuchanparan paathamumen
chennith tharikkavaith thaan_enak kEthum
chithaivillaiyE. 4

Emperumaanaar, made even me, the lowly, unworthy one,
as an object of worthiness on this earth. How? He
plucked the roots of all my karmic diseases, that have
grown huge and tremendous over the ages due to my
a~jnAnam (wrong knowledge or no knowledge); He
destroyed the ahankaara, mamakaaram [I and mine]; He
taught me through upadesa [through KooratthAzhwAn]
about the glories and kalyANa guNAs of the Lord. Also,
he ordered me utter and praise loudly the greatest
kalyANa guNAs of the Primordial Chief, Padmanabhan,
the Lord even during Cosmic cycle, who alone exists at
that time with all other jeeva raasis in his stomach;.
Such Greatest Emperumaanaar Sri Ramanujacharya who is
even grander than this Primordial Chief as He has
saved this lowly self; He has placed  His Lotus Feet
on my head permanently and made me so blessed; I am
indeed fortunate. Hence, there is neither grievance
nor an end for me anymore.

SrI UttamUr Swamiâ??s comments:

The One who took refuge at the lotus feet of Periya
Nambhi [MahapoorNar] reverently addressed Alavandhaar
â?? Sri YamunAchArya as â??yathpadhAmburuha DhyAna
viDhvasthASEshakalmasha: and meditated on Swami
Alavandhaar and was blessed to receive his benign
blessings and says: he thus became a vasthu due to his
 [Alavandharâ??s grace].

Similarly, I took refuge at the feet of Swami
KooratthAzhwAn; and thus am now blessed to praise
Swami Emperumaanaar who made me a vasthu [an object of
worthiness]. So, through AzhwAn and through himself,
he got me rid of my karmic diseases from its root, and
crushed my ahankara. He blessed me to become the
ardent devotee of Lord RanganthAn alone with the
strength of his upadesa. He has placed his lotus feet
on my head and changed my lalaata lipi [the fate lines
on my forehead- thalai yezhutthu].

Hereinafter, only good will happen. I can compose the
verses effortlessly. Swamy Desikan says: Paadhukas
have touched my head and thus composing Paadhuka
sahasram has become effortless for me.

himavannasEthumaDhyabhAjAm
bharathAbhyarChithapAdhukAvathamsa: |
athapODhanaDharmatha: kaveenAmkhilEshvasmi
manOraThEshvabAhya: ||

Similarly this verse can also be considered.

EmeprumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan