You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00073 Jun 2006

Jun 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

> Dear sri vaishNava perunthagiyeer,
>
> In a recent speech the President of India, Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam quoted IBM
> founder> '> s vision statement > "> THINK> ">  and went on to add > ">
> thinking provides knowledge and knowledge makes you great> "> .
>
> Of course, if there is no proper end goal in this > '> thinking> '> , perhaps
> this > '> thinking> '>  and consequential attainment of knowledge and
> resulting greatness may all be useless.
>
> Knowledge on > '> god> '>  or about > '> god> '>  brings greatness, and that
> greatness when combined with humility is what we find in all aazhvaars,
> aachaaryaas, and bhakthaas. Saint Thyaagaraaja, the great raama bhaktha had
> his constant thinking on raama. And he had good knowledge on raamaayaNam
> [that is what we find from his krithis - compositions]. Thus his songs
> reflect that knowledge for us to understand his greatness - ST> '> s depth of
> knowledge both on Lord raama as well as his > '> history> '>  > '> raama
> kathaa> '>  -> '> his-story> '>  raamaayaNam. ST> '> s simplicity and
> humility are also reflected in his songs.
>
> '> Greatness> '>  also has inbuilt > '> excellence> '> . I read the following
> in a website about thyaagaraaja and thought the matter is worth to share. So
> I share this with you all --
> quote - > "> Either he soliloquizes or is in inspired, intimate conversation
> with Raama, who constitutes his
> -     parent,
> -     brother,
> -     sister,
> -     friend and
> -     God all in one.
> This led him to recognize excellence, wherever it be, as excellence meant
> God> "> .
>
> As Y.Mahalinga Sastry in his 'Poetry of Tyagaraja' states, "Tyagaraja strove
> for a spiritual goal and in the end was happy in the realisation. But it is
> the effort and the struggle, and the hope and the disappointment, which it is
> given to us to follow...
> *     the ardent passion,
> *     the happy visions during day-dreaming,
> *     the acute misery,
> *     the abject helplessness,
> *     the indignant challenge,
> *     the pliant submission,
> *     the perverted rejection,
> *     the sweet recollections,
> *     the bitter regrets,
> *     the eloquent praise,
> *     the incensed invective,
> *     the proud interest,
> *     the interim indifference,
> *     the ecstatic delights and
> *     the painful vacuity."
>
> -- unquote -
>
> Perhaps if we simply follow that > '> thinking> '>  of raama, of thyaagaraja
> - or that goal of attaining raama through that > "> THINKING> ">  as IBM
> founder said, ------
> I leave it to you, all, to conclude this statement.
>
> You may ask > "> Why all these prologues or circling to say what?> ">
> My point is to enjoy thyaagaraajaa> '> s > "> intimate conversation with
> [...]

DISCLAIMER:
  This Message and its contents is intended solely for the addressee and is
proprietary.Information in this mail is for L&T Business Usage only. Any Use to
other than the addressee is misuse and infringement to Proprietorship of L&T
ECC.If you are not the addressee please return the mail to the sender.L&T ECC
DIVISION

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM