You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00075 Jun 2006

Jun 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Unto seven verses, it is considered as an introduction
to Iraamaanusa nooRRanthAthi. They were also to extol
the greatness of Ramanuja. The follwing verses of the
work are Acharyaâ??s involvement on each AzhwAr and
their work. He starts off with the anusanthAnam on
mudhalaazhwaars, namely Poigai, bhU and PetAzhwArs.

9th verse on BhUtthatthAzhwAr:

iRaivanaik kaaNum ithayath thiruLketa NYaanamennum
niRaiviLak kERRiya poothath thiruvati
thaaLkaL,nenchath
thuRaiyavaith thaaLum iraamaa Nnuchanpukaz
OthumnNallOr
maRaiyinaik kaathth_intha maNNakath thEmanna
vaippavarE. 9

The darkness that prevails in our minds and prevents
us from realizing the vision of our Sarva sEshi -our
eternal Master Sriya pathi Sriman Narayanan, can be
overcome by (reading) the great merciful work "jnAnac
chudar viLakkERRinEn" of BhUthatthAzhwAr, who lit the
Purest ParipoorNa ParajnAna deepam in his works. Sri
Ramanuja always enjoys keeping this Great AzhwAr's
Lotus feet in his heart. Great scholars and
Bhaagawathaas who always praise the most auspicious
kalyANa guNAs of such Greatest Emperumaanaar Sri
Ramanujacharya, are capable of establishing the Vedic
truths and protect the same and not let them get
destroyed by other religions (with their wrong /
misinterpretations)

Poigaiyaar showed vaiyam, vaarkadal and veyya kathirOn
and established that these worldly objects do have
defects. Thus the defects on matters became clearer to
us and vishaya praavaNyam was gotten rid of.
BhUthatthAr bursts out with anbE thagaLiyaa; aaravamE
neyyaaga, inburu chinthai iduthiriyaaga- and
beautifully established ParamAthmAâ??s vailakshaNyam
that enhances our love and bhakti for Him further.
Thus these two AzhwArs established that other than
ParamAthmA nothing else deserves care and taught
vairAgyam, and Praapyam [the means] the clear
knowledge about Paramaathmaa and enjoy His glories and
greatness- is Emperumaanaar ThiruvuLLam [understanding
of these AzhwArs]

A Glance at their marvelous compositions: [though
posted yâ??day- resending for the sake of
completeness.]

1. poigaiAzhwAr composed the first 100 pAsurams
"mudhal thiruvandhAdhi" (andhAdhi means the first word
of one verse will be last word of the previous verse
)starting with the first one: vaiyam thagaliyA,
vArkadlE neyyAga/ veyyakkadirOn viLakkAga/
sudarAzhiyAn adikkE soottinEn son mAlai/ Idar
neenghugavE enRu/
Meaning: Lord nArAyaNa, who holds the Divine
chakrAyudha, is the cause of this wonderful universe
and the seas. I am singing these mAlai(Garland) of
verses(pAsurams) and dedicating to Him, whose vision I
had is the light of the lamp of the earth, and oil
being the seas, the sun being the source of the light;

2. BhoodaththAzhwAr composed the second 100 pAsurams
"irandAm thiruvandhAdhi" starting with the first one:
anbE thagaliyA, ArvamE neyyAga/ inburugu sindhai idu
thiriyA/ naNpurugi GnAna chudar viLakku EtrinEn/Gnana
thamizh purindha nAn/
meaning: Here, it is the love as the lamp and
involvement as the oil and azhwAr says" I dedicate
myself to the service of the lord, by singing this
song that blesses wisdom(GnAna), with love as the
lamp, endearing involvement as the oil(Ghee), and
knowledge as the wick of the torch".

3. PEyAzhwAr composed the third 100s called "moonRAm
thiruvandhAdhi", with the first one as follows:
thirukkaNdEn, ponmEni kaNdEn- thigazhum/arukkan Ani
niRamum kaNdEn-seruk kiLaRum/ ponAzhi kaNdEn puri
sangham kai kaNdEn/ en Azhi vaNNan pAl inRu/  AzhwAr
just says:" I have seen and found the Glorious, GOLDEN
hued form of the SrI Visishtan. I have seen the Glory
of Sri and nArAyaNa and His beauty and His blue hued
ocean colour, His brightness and brilliance like the
Sun and His sanghu (Divine Conch) on one hand and
chakrA (Discuss) on the other.

EmeprumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana