You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00059 Jun 2007

Jun 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Friends,
This week's Podcast is about "Appan Venkatesaperumal Thirukovil".
ThiruMukkoodal is a place where 3 rivers(seyyaaRu,paalaRu and
vedavathi) converge.
This temple is maintained ASI. A very huge temple, which is very
differently built. Like the perumaL sannidhi entrance is from the
side. And it comes very close to the outer compound. Not much gap
actually. Since this is very close to the river, there are chances of
floods coming inside the temple. If you carefully observe at the
mandapam's behind the main sannidhi, you will find a decent drainage
system for the water to flow. This temple must be easily around 1200-
1500 years old according to the priest!

The Lord at Thirumukkoodal is considered a manifestation of Lord
Siva, Brahma and Narayana. His crown looks like the matted locks of
Siva and He has a third eye on the forehead.

He wears the Shanku and Chakra like Lord Narayana on His left and
right hand and a lotus in one of His hands. He also stands on the
lotus which is the symbol of Brahma.

I would like you to hear this episode and give your valuable
comments, also request you to send me your friends, colleagues or
family member's email who will be interested in hearing this podcast
so that I can also send email to them simultaneously regarding my
episodes every week.

You can either go to this link and click on each episode and hear it
or you have mp3 to download as well

http://www.podbazaar.com/view/126100789566374033

Alternate : I have attached this weeks episode as mp3 to hear.

This weeks episode on Appan Venkatesa perumal Thirukovil

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856842/1/TamilPod
cast12VaaramOruAlayamVenkatesaPerumalThirukovilThiruMukkoodal.mp3

Regards
Nataraj Prakash

Those who missed last week's episodes on

 For More episodes: http://VaaramoruAlayam.blogspot.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional