You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00034 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

> Nothing can happen in this vast Universe
> and others, without His being aware of the same.
> What is more, He doesn't come to know of things post
> facto, but is aware of happenings as they take
> place, as His eyes are present everywhere-"YO vEtthi
> yugapat sarvam" says Sri Nathamuni, paying tribute
> to the Lord's omniscience and simultaneous
> perception.

adiYen has heard from the learned that in one of the
Upanishads, God is compared to a spider and all of His
creations to its web - just very lightly touch, or
breathe hard on a portion of the web, and the spider
instanty senses it because it is intimately connected
to its own web, which sprung out of itself (perhaps
akin to the scientific Big Bang theory of the creation
of the universe): "All things are connected....", "No
man is an island....", etc.

>It is indeed difficult to develop the idea that the
>Lord resides within us constantly, seeing all that we
>do, hearing all that we utter and divining all that
>we think: but develop it we must, for, it helps us a
>lot in the long run.

A WONDERFUL piece of practical advice !! - many a time
it has kept such poor souls as adiYen from thinking or
doing wrong - may be this is what other religions call
as 'developing a personal relationship with God'

Humbly,

Ashok Krishnamurthy

--- sadagopaniyengar <sadagopaniyengar@xxxx>