You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00070 Mar 2005

Mar 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavatas:
Those who wish to offer their inputs or other comments on the issue may post to
SRS_Satsangam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As only members can post, they should make sure that they are members of this
group. If not already joined, they may join by sending email to-
SRS_Satsangam-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Modearator
Dear Sri Praveen,

Thanks for that info.
It is becoming clear that certain bacteria (Bifido, lactobacilli etc.) are
among the friendly microbes in our colon. Companies are marketing
products under the name "probiotics" in different media
(Soy milk, other drinks, capsules etc.) for peopl eto consume
to ease their GI tract and reduce symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel
syndrome). Home made yogurt (traditionally prepared) is a good
source of some of teh friendly microbes. Thus, we were consuming
"PROBIOTICS"  long before!.
I am also of the opinion (not tested yet) that the cholesterol
level in traditional yogurt is less than that in milk. My feeling is that
it woul dhave been modified by bacteria, such that it is not
cholesterol anymore. Our ghee used to be prepared from
butter made from home made yogurt. This means, traditionally
prepared ghee (which was consumed abundantly) may
not have had that much cholesterol either. It certainly tasted better!

dAsan

K.S. tAtAchAr