From: SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Greg Jay
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 8:20 AM
To: Ram Anbil
Cc: Srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] FW: RE: Chandra Grahanam on 3rd March 2007

Regarding where the lunar eclipse is visible check out:

http://tinyurl.com/njots

Click on it to enlarge the image.

You will see two diagrams:

1 of the Moon moving through the shadow with annotations such P1, U1,
U2 etc

2 of the map of the earth showing where the eclipse will be visible.

On the right hand side between these two diagrams you will see a
table of
times called "Eclipse contacts" which give you the time in UT -
Universal
Time--which for all intents and purposes is the same as GMT for
non-astronomers like us. To convert it to IST we need just add 5:30.

The important ones are U1-U4 that is when the Moon enters the actual
shadow
(Rahu) aka the umbra, hence U1 is when it enters and U4 is when it
leaves.
U2-U3 are the times of maximum eclipse and it will be a total eclipse in
which the Moon will look dark red assuming of course that the sky
will be
clear so as to be visible, which it should be at that time of year.

adiyen

Keshava das

Click for free info on online degrees and make $150K/ year
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/CAaCMPJqXCeqk6MFnuvTmqT2iQzpPTIk/

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com