You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00091 Mar 2007

Mar 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

ajranga rajan <ajranga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sir
I am very much thankful to receive your narration of
Thirukkudanthai Andavan Swamigal.Pl continue the same
in detail.
I had the opportunity to hear his lectures on
Ramayanam and Tiruppavai in his Poorvashram.When we
invited him for a stay at Chintadripet we could not
reach his place in scheduled time at Andavan Ashram
Mylapore. But to our surprise we saw him coming by
walk towards Royapettah High Road on his way to our
place. He never showed any displeasure for our late
coming.Such a simplicity, humility, divine Acharya is
yet to be seen in this world. He is rarest gem in our
Guruparamparai.
Adiyen Rangarajan

--- Venkat Sreenivasan wrote:

> SrImathE ranga rAmAnuja mahA dEsikAya namaha
> SrImathE SrinivAsa rAmAnuja mahA dEsikAya namaha
> SrImathE vEdAntha rAmAnuja mahA dEsikAya namaha
> SrI ranganAtha Divya maNi pAdhukAbhyAm namaha
>
> Dear Bhagavathas,
>
> Wednesday Mar. 28th, 2007(Panguni- Pushyam) is the
> 100th
> Thirunakshtram day (Sathamaana Uthsavam) of one of
> the greatest luminary and
> distinguished AchAryA of Srirangam Srimath Andavan
> PeriAsramam, Srimath Thirukkudanthai Andavan ? Sri
> vEdAntha rAmAnuja mahA dEsikan,who took Srirangam
> Srimath Andavan periAsramam to dizzy heights of
> growth
> spreading it literally across length and breadth of
> the country.
>
> Adiyen is reproducing my earlier postings done a few
>
> years ago on the life history of this mahAn
> commencing
> with the first volume today. This has been
> compiled from Panguni Pushyam malar(1981) during
> 74th
> birthday celebrations of H.H. Srimath
> Thirukkudanthai
> Andavan(Kannan swamigal) and Andavan Asramam
> varalaru
> published in 1967 by Srirangam pEriAsramam.

> Let us all recite this mahan's thaniyan on His
> thirunakshatram day.
>
> Srimath vEdhAntha rAmAnuja munikarunAlabdha
> vEdhAntha
> yugmam
> Srimath SrivAsa yogeeswara
> gurupadhayOrarpithaswAthma
> bhAram
> Srimath Sri ranganAthAhvaya munikrupayA prAptha
> mOkshasramam tham
> Srimath VEdhAntha rAmAnuja munimaparam samsrayE
> dEsikEndram

> Among all the Alwars, Thirumangai Alwar also known
> as
> Kaliyan is the one who has sung praises on most of
> the
> archAvatArAs of the 108 Divya dEsams. All of his
> ?AruLicheyalgaLs? are considered to be a treasure of
> tamil literature and also as the essence of vEda.
>
> Such a great AlwAr when experiencing thirukkudanthai
> emperumAn, is trying to sing praise of the beauty,
> the
> importance and the significance of emperumAn?s
> padukas. But he is not able to do it. The AlwAr who
> performed ?sarvAttha grahaNam? at the feet of
> emperumAn feels very despondent at his inability to
> do so and surrenders at the feet of the Lord. In one
> of his pAsurams, kaliyan describes both emperumAn?s
> great virtues and his inadequacy to experience such
> virtues..
>
> ? Moovaril mudhalvanAya oruvanai ulagam konda
> KOvinai kudanthai mEya kurumaNith thiraLai
> Inbap pAvainai pachchaith thEnai paimponnai amarar
> Sennip
> Poovinai pughazhum thondar ensollip pugazhvar
> thAmE?.?
>
> Kaliyan is awe struck to find words and sing praise
> of
> ArAvamudhan. As AzhwAr says, ?PonnAr sArngamudaiya
> [...]

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta. __._,_.___

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia