You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00120 Mar 2007

Mar 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest all,

Continuing on the wonderful verses on Srirangam by
Kulasekara PerumAL?
When! O! When am I going to bow my head at the lotus
feet of the Lord? "Chenni Enru kolo Vanangum Naale??

iNaiyillaa vinnisaiyaazh kezhumi yinpath
thumpuruvum naarathanu miRainchi yEththa
thuNiyillaath thonmaRain^ool thOththi raththaal
thonmalarkka NayanvaNangi yOvaa thEththa
maNimaada maaLikaikaL malku selva
madhiLarangath tharavaNaiyil paLLi koLLum
maNivaNNa Nnammaanaik kaNdu koNden
malarsenni yenRukolO vaNangum naaLE                1.5

Thumburu Maharishi with his divine veena instrument
and Sage Narada with his unmatched divine voice and
musical veena play them offering praises to the Lord,
and perform saashtAnga praNamams at the lotus feet of
the Lord; And with the unparalleled Veda saasthrAs
Chathurmukha BrahmA seated on the lotus flower out of
the lotus navel of the Lord Sriman Narayanan, praises
Him uninterruptedly with sthothras (verses); The Lord
Sriranganathan, like a blue hued Gem, reclines on the
AdhisEshan in the divine place of Srirangam, which is
center of and is surrounded by seven corridors
(praakaaram)- when will I be able to approach Him at
Srirangam and prostrate at His Feet, placing my head
therein? When! O! When am I going to bow my head at
the foot of the Lord?

Sri Parasara Bhattar praises Lord of Srirangam in his
Srirangasthavam.. referring to this saptha prakaara
(seven corridors)

Saptha prAkAra madhyE sarasija mukuLOthbhAsamAnE
vimAnE
KaavErI madhya dEsE mrudhuthara paNirADD bhOga
paryanga bhAgE
nidhrAmudhrAbhirAmam kaDini kaDasira: paarsva
vinyastha hastham
PadhmAdhAthrI karAbhyAm parichitha charaNam RangarAjam
bhajEham "

In the middle of the island formed by the two CauvEri
rivers (koLLidam and thula cauveri), in the center of
the seven ramparts (PrAkArams), inside the lotus
bud-like vimAnam known as Sriranga VimAnam
(PraNavAkruthi VimAnam ), the beautiful Lord
RanganAthA rests in YoganidhrA with His right hand
near His crown and
the left hand at the left side in kaDi bhantham . At
His
Paadha Kamalam is seen Sri RanganAyaki pressing the
tender feet of Her dear consort. AdiyEn salutes this
auspicious subhAsrayam of Sri RanganAthan at
Srirangam. [Translation by Sri Satakopan Swami, USA]

Sri RanganayikA samEtha Sri Ranganatha ParabrahmaNE
Namah
AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana