You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Mar 2009

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00031 Mar 2009

Mar 2009 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Shrihi

Respected Bhagavathas,
Namaskaram.Last month I had the bhagyam of having the Darshan of Lord Lakshmi
Hayagreeva Ardhana Moorthy of Parakala Muttam and  HH Parakala Mutt Jeer Swami
three times.

One of my wifes Dauhithar Invited Parakala Muttam Swami fot Dollai in his
Gruham on 7th Feb 2009 ( I was fortunate to attend it infact I wanted to meet
the Swamiji , because in the February issue of Our Magazine "Gopura Darisnam"
an small article about the Varaha Perumal of Kalhalli written by me and
translated by my beloved uncle Sri Parthasarathi Mama ( He writes under the
name of  Poigaiadiyan and Moderator for Sri Vaishnavam Group ofMSN and one more
e-group of Yahoo)  and also i wanted to give another old issue of Gopura
Darshanam in which Swamijis Vijaya Yatra and Hayagreeva Homam held at Chennai
was covered. I went did namaskaram and took Ashirvadam from Swami and Presented
him the books. I am also hosting the  Kalahalli Article in the following
link,you will know why i anted to present the Kalahalli article to Parakala
Swami. The link is as under:

http://www.esnips.com/web/srihi-Announcements/

Tittle is : Tamil article on Kallahalli.pdf

Then again on 22nd Feb 2009 wifes maternal Uncle Sriman K J Jagannath a Devote
Shishya of Parakala Muttam invited Swamiji to his gruham.I gain met Swamiji and
before going back Swami Instructed me to come to Parakala Muttam , Bangalore
next morning for participating in Special Shravanam Thirumanjanam for Lord
Lakshmi Hayagreeva and other Moorthies of Parakala Muttum. I had an Official
Engagement but due to some Festival it got postphoned , I thought that it is
Hayagreevan's Thiruullam and went to Muttam.

I have to inform you that On Every Shravanam Day Lord Sri Hayagreeva the
Aradhanai and Dolai Moorthy of has special Thirumanjanam ( Lord Hayavadhna's
Thirunakshatram is also Shravanam).Some fact about Parakala Muttam Pradhana
Aradhanai Moorthy Lord Lakshmi Hayavadhana. We all know that Lord Hayagreeva is
the Lord of Studies. Now for some time we go back to Emperumanars Period. When
he visited Saraswati Peetam, Goddess Saraswati was so impressed with  his
commentary on Brahma Sutram that she named it "Sri Bhashyam" and conferred  on
him the title of "Bhashyakaarar".  It must be noted that while the other
commentaries are known by the names of their authors like 'Sankara Bashyam'
written by Aadhi Sankara, the commentary of Ramanuja is always referred to with
 the venerable honorific 'Sri' denoting its unsurpassed quality and clarity and
 known as ' Sri Bashyam' . Then she gave him a Vigraha off Lakshmi Hayagreeva.
Emperumanar worshipped the Vigraham and then It was passed to
 on to Different Acharyas and then it finally came to hands of Swami Vedantha
Desikan. Then after him it was passed on to Bhrahmatantra Parakala Jeer , the
Shishya of Swami Vendatha Desikana and his Son Nainyacharya a.k.a
Kumaravaradhar. Bhrahmatantra Parakala Jeer then founded the Parakala Muttam
and Its Head Quater moved from one place to another and finally it is at Mysore
only. Parakala Muttam is one of the oldest Mutt and Now the present Jeer is the
36th Pattam. Now coming back to Aradhanai Moorthy of Parakala Muttam - Lakshmi
Hayagreeva , It is the same one which was worshipped by Emperumanar, then Swami
Desikan , then 1st  Jeer of Parakala Muttam and 36 Jeers had the fortune of
worshipping the Hayagreevan and we are really fortunate to have the darshana
bhagyam of Lord Hayagreeva which is also known as Swarna Hayagrevan.

Now coming to Sharavana Thirumanjanam, It is Special Thirumanjanam , Please
carry a bottle of Honey, let it be any quantity ,then go early to Muttam in
Bangalore or Mysore ( Ascertain from Sri  Srinivasan Mobile  0 9449656808
        ,then go. Swami does Vishesha Thirumanjanam and also uses this Honey
for Thirumanjanam. Gosthi recitation is then vishesha Thadi Aradhani , then
After  Swamis Bheekshai, the Honey is distributed, The Honey is given to
Children so that they study nicely, Then for people use it for different health
problem. I also had taken Honey and I got it, I was instructed by Swamiji to
mix this Thirumanjana Honey with some more quantity and then for 48 days I and
my wife should partake it. (This was told because we don’t have progeny). Then
Swami Lovingly told Why you are coming to me you pray to your Ellu Tha Tha H H
Katendethi Andavan who was great Upasaka of Lord Hayagreeva and who had the
Hayagreeva Shashatkara.

At Present Swami is in Mysore and I am given to Understand Swami is coming to
Bangalore next Saturday and Then on 21 st the Shravana Thirumanjanam may take
place at Bangalore mutt. So I request you all Hayagreeva Bhakthas to
Participate in large number.

Before finishing the mail I am presenting you the Pictures of Hayagreeva in the
following link, I thank Perumal and Parakala Mutt Swamy for giving me an
oppurtunity to Photograph the same and present it before all bhagavathas so
that who are staying far away can see the perumal and also i wish they can see
the perumal in person whenever they have opportunity.

http://www.pbase.com/svami/sarvadharimasidolai

Dasan
Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar
0 9448322378.