You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00008 May 2003

May 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

dear Amuthan sir,
i wish to answer ur questions.
the present day ashtangayoga is not decended from nathamuni as it is clear from
guruparampara that Alavandar failed to collect it from Manakkal nambi. so
better to avoid the yogam of nawadays

jeevas svatantryam is always contolled by the karma

according to visishtaadvaita no nirguna bhramman is accepted nad we dont accept
advitins experience as a real one

dasan
kaasyapah

Amuthan Arunkumar <aparyap@xxxx> wrote:SrImate rAmAnujAya nama:
SrImate nigamAntamahAdeSikAya nama:

dear SrI vaishnavAs,

i am aparyAptAmrta dAsan. i have very recently joined
the SrIrangaSrI group. i have a few basic questions to
shoot.

1. can ashtAnga yoga (as explained by pAtAnjali in his
yoga sUtrAs) be practised by a prapannan, just as
Bagavat prEtyartam ? is this the same as what our
AcAryan SrI nAtamuni practised?

2. what is the amount of svAtantryam for a jEvAtmA ?

3. does the vishishtAdvaita philosophy accept the
existence of nirguna brahmam ? if not, how can the
direct experiences of the advaitins be explained?

i would be extremely grateful to you if you can attach
the actual explanations given by our AcAryAs (if any)
to the above small doubts of adiyEn.

i wish all the SrI vaishnavAs a very happy SrI
rAmAnuja thirunakshtram celebration(which happens to
fall on may 6, this year)

dasAn,
aparyAptAmrtan.