You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00020 May 2003

May 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sir,

adiYen thanks you for your wonderful article.

adiYen was privileged to hear an elucidation of the
Nasadiya Sooktham about 20 years ago (and have
treasured that experience ever since), but did not
remember all the details.

Thank you once again for bringing back to adiYen the
wonderful experience that one always has when reading
about the Nasadeeya Sooktham (The Hymn of Creation
from the Rig Veda)

Here is a comment on the Nasadeeya Sooktham:

"The vision of this hymn comes out of a profound
insight into the mystery of reality. It is the product
of a mystical experience that far transcends the
limits of logical thinking; it is a religious chant -
for only in music or poetry can such a message be
conveyed - invoking in splendid verses the Primal
Mystery that transcends all categories, both human and
divine....." - (Prof. Raimundo Panikkar, "The Vedic
Experience- Mantra-manjari" Pub. by Motilal
Banarasidas, p 54).

Though adiYen probably missed the central thought of
the original article on the Aim of birth, adiYen
generalized birth itself to mean not just human birth,
but the birth of the universe itself - adiYen
apologizes to the original author for daring to take
his question out of context.

"Let noble thoughts come to us from every side" - Rig
Veda

adiYen,

Ashok K