You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00007 May 2004

May 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

In those days  families would  go to beaches and river banks on 'Chitra
Pournami (Full Moon)' and have dinner. The Chitirai festival at Azhagarkoil is
very popular. On Chitra pournami festival in Madurai Kallazhagar of
Tirumaalirumsolai in Kudurai Vahanam enters the Vaigai river only after wearing
the Garland worn by Sri Andal at the Sivilliputtur Temple. Azhagarkovil is 21
kms from the city of Madurai,Chitra Pournami falls on the  4th of May this
year.  Dinner used to kalanda sadam or mixed rice, like Lemon, Coconut,
Puliyodarai and of course the inevitable thair sadam! It is my huimble opinion
that such kind of outings were more to increase the interaction amongst the
members of the families - unfortunately one does not experience these nowadays
and more people settle before the television or have become too busy to enjoy
such outings.I amsure many readers would remember those bygone days when they
went to the beach or bythe riverside and had dinner with their mother, father,
 brothers, sisters, grandparents, uncles and aunts.... sadly they are now only
memories........

I am not going to give the receipes for Lemon, Coconut , Puliyodarai and Thair
Sadam as I think it may not be necessary - please view the attachments - they
are something to behold !!!!!!! a feast for the eyes!!!!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM