You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00022 May 2004

May 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear devotees:

I am urgently in need of a copy of the work titled "bRhat sahasram".
All I know at this stage about the work is that it has mantra-s that
closely relate to the 1000 nAma-s of SrI vishNu sahasra nAmam.  One
of the madhvAcAryas by name SrI raghunAtha tIrtha has written a work
titled "tattva sAra" based on the mantra-s of bRhat sahasram.  The
interpretations he gives for the nAma-s in tattva sAra are very
different from all the other interpreters.  My attempts to search the
web for the title have not been fruitful.  This work (bRhat sahasram)
will help me in my write-ups on SrI vishNu sahasra nAmam.  I
understand that these are part of Rg vedic mantra-s.  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.   Probably devotees who are currently in
India may be able to locate information from book stores such as
Jayalakshmi Indological Book Store easily.

-dAsan Krishnamachari

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM