You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00092 May 2004

May 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

What Sister Geetha said is correct. Those days our
anchestors are doing all anushtanams and have lunch at
2.00 P.M. But they will not get ulcer becuase they
chant the mantra and do japam.  That removes negative
energy and creates positive vibration. They breath
good air in the properway when they do pranayamam.
That will not create hungry. Moreover they will have
one time food (quality food) a day.  That is why they
lived long life in hale & healthy.  Those days doctors
will not have much patients.  Even if they have any
probelm they will not take any tablets instead they
will take natural treatment. Once we start to go to
Alopathy (English medicines) we have all types of
illness and problem in our body. In our Vaishnavasim
we have lot of branches and difference principles.
That is why nobody has written clear book in our group
(like Anna).  In "Veda" it is clearly explained how to
do pranayamam & sandhyavandanam. Our sister can refer
the veda book. If I you feel anything wrong in this
message please forgive me.
Adiyen Daasan
KSR Thathachari
 :-Geetha Rajan <teegsraj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >

> There seems a lot of confusion over how a
> Srivaishnava bramhin lived
> those days for retired people who would want to live
> that way.Many
> Srivaishnava books on the subjects say that you have
> to finish both
> sandhyavandanams before performing Thiruvaradhanai.
>
> However in books pertaning to Sandhyavandanam it is
> said that the
> best time to perform madhyanikam is 12.30-1.30 PM.
> It would have
> taken not less then 1 -2 hours to finish the
> Aradhanam. Does that
> mean people had their first meal at 2 or 2.30 PM(
> they would get
> Ulcer fo sure).
>
> There is also guidance that tarpanam should be
> performed after the
> Aradhanam that mean a further delayed first meal.
>
> There is also a lot of confusion in the simple
> rituals due to
> sampardaya bheda. This like performing one pranayama
> and 10 chantings
> of the same as japa before embarking on Gayatri
> avahnam. There is
> different versions given in different books from the
> same Mutt or
> publications.
>
> There are different pronounciations given for the
> same Vakya in
> different books from ditterent mutts and different
> books from the
> same Mutt.
>
> How does one explain that. Today even brihaspathis
> of individual
> families seem to look more at dakshina then at
> teaching the correct
> mode. On questioning they further confuse you.
>
> There is one more thing When one should recite
> Scriptures both for
> mokshartha and kamiArtha.
>
> Savdyaya is described as the correct time to do the
> same according to
> several books from different mutts.
>
> However i have seen several Erudite Vaishvavites
> perform the same as
> soon as they finish ijya aradhanam.
>
> Is the former correct or the later?
>
> Is there no one who can authoritativley guide us
> with the right
> timings and process and mantras and prayoga.
>
> I read a book by Sri "Anna" which gives
> Sandyhavandanam for
> Shaivaites in a very lucid and detailed manner. It
> is however very
> sad that no one does the same in Sri Vaishvavisim.
>
> There are also gaps like do we have to offer
> prayschita argay when we
> perfom Madyanikam in the mornings along with prathah
> sandya( for
> office goers).
>
> Please do help to clarify. These doubts create a lot
> of pain and
> ignorance pushees one not to perform these
> anushtanams for fear of
> doing the wrong thing.
>
> regards

Chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the
FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM