You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00056 May 2005

May 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesikamahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Let us continue to enjoy the next AzhwAr?s
-BhoothatthAzhwAr?s- wonderful anubhavams on
ThiruvEnkatam. Next and today?s verse on ThiruvEnkatam
is 33rd verse.

payinRa tharangam thirukkOtti, pannaaL
payinRathuvum vEngadamE pannaaL, - payinRa
thaNithikazum sOlai yaNin^eer malaiyE
maNithikazum vaNthadakkai maal.
 46

In last verse- AzhwAr had mentioned about the state of
mind of a Prapannan [one who has surrendered to the
Lord]. The Lord Himself due to His dayA, vaathsalyam
on His child, takes so many births; and be residing in
so many dhivya dEsams ? says AzhwAr here.

He learnt [to wait] here at Srirangam; He learnt [to
wait] at ThirukkOshtiyoor; He has been waiting at
ThiruvEnkatam for very many ages; and also been at
Thiruneermail for thousands of years. Why? Because the
Lord, maal- the one who is desirous [of me]  wishes to
gibe Himself His most wonderful sonwdharya thirumEni
[dhivya mangaLa vigraham to me. He is such an
audhaaryan; vaLLal; benefactor;

AzhwAr starts off saying the Lord has been learninmg
to wait for at Srirangam and ThirukkOttiyoor for so
many ages; How? By reclining and having Yoga nithrA?
PiraaTTi appears to be asking the Lord: is that the
way one will wait for the child? Get up and stand;
eagerly wait for him; then only he will come towards
you. The Lord thus stands at ThiruvEnkatam;

PiraaTTi again appears to have asked: What is the use
in just standing? Wlak, Sit, recline and stand.
ninRaan; irundhaan; kidanthaan- at Thirueermalai;

It does not mean that only these four temples are to
be referred to. The Lord takes such archA avathArams
at 108 divya dedasm and other abhimana sthalams as
well. All fro our sake.

AzhwAr says: He has been waiting at ThiruvEnkatam many
ages; pannaal. Why? Because AzhwAr has not turned
towards Him for very many births. NammAzhwAr also
echoes the same sentiment: annAL nee thandha aaakkai
vazhi uzhalvEn..

maaRi maaRi pala piRappum piRandhu; I have taken very
many births in the past due to my karma; and had taken
the bodies granted by you; now I have become devoted
to You due to Your grace on me..

Hence AzhwAr says: so long, you have been waiting for
me ? patiently.. now I have been blessed by Yourself.

Thirumazhisai AzhwAr also praises the Lord in the same
manner:

NinRadhu Enthai Ooragathu Irundathu Enthai Paadagathu
/
AnRu Vekkanaik Kidandhathu EnnilAtha MunnelAm /
AnRu NAn PiRandilEn PiRandhapin MaRandilEn /
NinRadhum Irundhadhum Kidandhathum En NenjuLe /

Before I was born, He was standing in Ooragam, was
sitting in Paadagam and was lying down in Tiruvekka.
At that time I was not born with wisdom; When once I
was born with this wisdom, I never forgot. Therefore,
the Lord left all those places and has taken permanent
abode in my heart". The idea is that the great jnaanis
never considered themselves as born at all until they
realized this ' Artha gnAnam'.
One who has been initiated by SadAchArya, is only
considered born; else, it is just vegetating. And,
once the jnAnis realize this, they have no other
avocation than being immersed in the thought of the
Lord.

So, anRu naan piRandhilEn; piRandha pin
maRandhilEn[after being initiated and having bleen
blessed to realise You, I have never ever forgotten
You].

why does the Lord do such abhyAsam?
SrI Krishna Himself says:
abhyAsEna thu KaunthEya! VairaagyENa cha gruhyathE
only by pratice; consistent and constant practice, can
one achieve. He does what He has preached.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
SrI PadmAvathI SamEtha Sri Srinivasa ParabrahmaNE
Namah:
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan