You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00085 May 2005

May 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesikamahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Let us continue to enjoy BhoothatthAzhwAr?s- wonderful
anubhavams on ThiruvEnkatam. Next and today?s verse on
ThiruvEnkatam is 54th verse.

veRpenRu iruncOlai vEngadamen Rivvirandum
niRpenRu neemathikkum neermaipOl, - niRpen
RuLangOyi luLLamvaith thuLLinEn, 'veLLath
thiLankOyil kaividEl' enRu.
 54

The mountains- namely ThirumaalirunchOlai, Thirumalai
[ThiruvEnkatam] ? in these two divya desams- You have
on Your own accord chosen to reside for the sake of
blessing the world. What a sowseelyam [neermai]-
stooping down so low to our level and be with us!

I have also realised that Your sowseelyam is so vast
and deep and beyond our comprehension- as You have
considered in Your ThiruvuLLam (heart) to reside in my
heart as well as if it?s yet another place of your
residence.

You have forsaken the Milky ocean and these divya
desams and decided to reside in my heart as if it is
THE permanent abode for you. What a sowseelya quality
of Yours!

A wonderful line- is the last line in this verse.
iLankOil kaividEl- ilan kOil- Baalaalayam. PLEASE DO
NOT DISCARD the ilankOil- Baalaalayam.

What is Baalaalayam? Whenever there is samprOkshanam
[after renovation or refurbishment] of the temple, the
powers in the dhivya mangaLa vigraham are taken off
layer by layer (there appears to be 16 layers) leaving
just one layer in original murthy? and the layers of
power are stored in kalasams (which are consecrated)
and during those five days, the kalasams are offered
nithyArAdhana. This is called Baalaalayam (small
temple or infant temple ] At the end of
samprOkshanam, the powers are again passed back to
dhivya mangaLa vigraham as per the Agama saasthrAs and
the mUrthy shines resplendently again blessing the
dveoteess.

AzhwAr says here: ThirumaalirunCholai mountain,
ThiruvEnkatam mountain, The Milky coean [parkadal] are
all Your baalaalayam; As if the powers are stored in
the kalasams during the interim and once the
renovation or refurbishment in adiyEn?s heart, mind,
and sareeram is done [to be fit enough] to qualify for
housing You, and You have on your own accord chosen to
reside in my heart as the PERMANENT abode, DO NOT
DISCARD as they do the kalasams after the
samprOkshanam; instead, have your POWERS also in
baalaalayam namely those dhivya desams, lest those
bhAgawathas who thong to worship You there would onll
blame me for having deprived them off their Lord?s
presence in the temples. I do nto wish to commit such
apacharams?

PLEASE do not ignore those baalaalayam- dhivya desams
after You have entered into my heart. Please remain
there also?

What a wonderful anubhavam!

The Lord desires to live in the hearts of His ardent
devotees as if it is His most favourite place and
nothing else, not even Milky ocean; not even
paramapadham.

Similar version ? one can enjoy PeriyAzhwAr?s
wonderful verse: 5.4.9

Panikkadalil paLLikOLaip pazhakavittu Odivandhu_en
manakkadalilvaazhavalla maayamaNaaLan^ambee!
thanikkadalEthanichchudarE thaniyulakE_enRenRu
unakkidamaayirukka ennai_unakku_uriththaakkinaiyE.

[It appears as if] You have forgotten Your habit of
resting comfortably on the cool, milky ocean and run
away from there to reside in the ocean of this heart
of mine! Oh Lord who is capable of performing such
miraculous deeds (maaya manila nambhI)! Oh Lord of
Periya PiraaTTi -MahA Lakshmi ! Oh Samastha kalyANa
guNa paripooRNA! Lord full of auspicious guNAs! You
have discarded the matchless places of Your
erstwhile residence such as Milky ocean and the orbit
of the Sun and have chosen this lowly heart as your
preferred seat of residence. Your sowseelya guNam is
beyond description.

anandhanpaalumkarudanpaalum aidhun^oydhaakavaiththu en
manandhanuLLEvandhuvaiki vaazhachcheydhaay_empiraan!
ninaindhu_ennuLLEn^inRun^ekkuk kaN_kaL_asumpozhuka
ninaindhirundhEsiramamtheerndhEn nEmin^ediyavanE!
 8.

You seem to have accomplished by reducing Your love
and affection for the seats of AdisEshA and GarudA as
places of Your residence and come all the way to me to
pick my heart as the place of residence much more
lovingly than Your AdhisEshan and Garuda. Thinking
about this magnificent blessings and mercy, dayA,
compassion of Yours on aDiyEn, I am going to rest now
with a heart filled with gratefulness and eyes filled
with tears  (of joy and overwhelming emotion due to
Your mahOpakAram on this lowly soul-aDiyEn). I will
keep remembering the mahOpakAram You did all the days
of my life and feel relieved from worries of any kind.

Aidhu noydhaaga vaitthu- athi swalpamaaki- [Making
them reduced in affection and choosing my heart as the
best choice of residence]

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
SrI PadmAvathI SamEtha Sri Srinivasa ParabrahmaNE
Namah:
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan