You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - May 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00087 May 2007

May 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Shri:
Email message from Sri Anantha Narasimhachar
sampathu47@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to ramanbil@xxxxxxxxxxx

Respected Swamin,

        Dasasya Pranama:- Ubhaya Kusalam.

I trust this finds your esteemed self in excellent health and
cheer.  I seek your kind excuse for the delay in responding to your
kind phone call a few weeks ago.
I am grateful to your good self for evincing keen interest in
bicentenary celebration of His Holiness Sri Kethanda Patti Swamy Sri
Rangaramanuja Maha Desikan in October / November 2008.

Your good self preferred a single page appeal for display over
internet to catch the attention of our community people world over.
The above appeal is attached for your kind information and necessary
action.

It is estimated that the total expenditure may be around Rs. 30
lakhs. Mobilisation of funds just before the celebration is very
difficult.

Your good self may kindly arrange to display it over internet and
make an appeal for the donations required for the celebration.

Thanking your good self with folded hands and respectful regards,

Yours sincerely,

(Anantha narasimhachar)
160 South Chitra Street, Srirangam
Tiruchirappalli ? 620 008
Phone: 0431- 2432 728
Dear Bhagavatas:

NO MONEY NEED BE SENT RIGHT NOW.
For now, it would be enough if you kindly send an email to
sampathu47@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a copy to Ramanbil@xxxxxxxxxxx
indicating the amount of your pledge. The amount may be consolidated
and sent to the organizers well ahead of the celebrations in the
second half of 2008. A further communication will be sent on the
logistics of providing the help required.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

A sincere appeal to our people world over.

The antiquity and greatness of our Shri Vaishnava sampradaya and
philosophy is well known to one and all.  The Guru parampara for
this sampradaya commences from Lord Sriman Narayana himself and ends
at our Own acharya and is without break.  The nutshell of this
sampradaya is contained in the following three points.
1)      Lord Sriman Narayana along with his consort Mahalakshmi is
the supreme Being and is called "Paratatva"

2)      Doing Prapatti or saranagathi at his Feet with Mahalakshmi
as purushakara (recommending authority) through our Acharya is the
supreme means.  This is known as "Paramahitha" for getting liberated
from the bondage of samsara.

3)      Attaining the Lotus feet of Sriman Narayana in Sri Vaikunta
and doing eternal service to the divine couple is the supreme goal
called "Parama purushartha".

The above points have been elaborated in the great works of our
Acharyas including Sage Nammalwar, Sri Bhagavad Ramanuja and Sri
Swami Nigamanta desikan.
In the lineage of the above acharyas three sampradayas came into
being for emancipation of our people and they are
1)      Sri Parakala mata sampradaya
2)      Sri Ahobila mutt sampradaya
3)      Sri Munitraya sampradaya

Munitraya sampradaya was initiated by Sri Gopala Desika Maha desikan
popularly known as Sri Tirukkudanthai desikan and this came in to
being in three branches, namely

1)      His holiness Srirangam Periyandavan sampradaya having two
sub branches which are Srimath Poundarikapuram Andavan ashramam now
headed by His Holiness Sri Paravaakottai Srimad Andavan Sri Gopala
Desika Maha Desikan  (2) Srirangam Srimad Andavan Ashramam now
headed by His Holiness Srimushnam Srimad Andavan Sri Rangaramanuja
Maha Desikan.

2)      His Holiness Navalpakkam Sri Annayarya Maha Desikan
Sampradayam.

3)      His holiness Sri Kethandapatti Sri Rangaramanuja Maha
Desikan Sampradayam.

In this sampradayam many stalwarts like Uttamur Sri
Veeraragavachariar swamy, Sri Madurantakan Veeraragavachariar swamy,
flourished and established this sampradayam on a firm footing.  In
this Sampradayam, there are even now great scholars like Paiyyambadi
Srivatsankachariar, Sri Paiyyambadi Venkatavaradachariar; Sri
Ananthanarasimhachar srirangam, Uttamur Rajagopalachariar who are
vigorously and effectively propagating the teachings of our great
acharyas.

His holiness Sri Kethanda patti swamy was one of the greatest
Acharyas in 19th century He had disciples like Tiruvahindrapuram
swamy, Denkankottai swamy, Tirupathi swamy and Kapisthalam
Desikacharya Swamy. They were the greatest scholars in 19th / 20th
century.

Bicentenary (200th year) celebrations of the above Acharya falls in
October / November 2008 which has to be celebrated in grand manner
befitting his greatness.

The co-operation of all Sri Vaishnavas world over is earnestly
solicited by extending financial assistance and making the
celebration complete success.
-----

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: