You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00042 Nov 2001

Sri:
Sri Brahmatantra Swatantra Parakala Guru Paramparaayai Nama:
Sri:

Not sure if this relates to your subject but it did reminded me
of couple of things:
[and more questions also :) ]

1) When visualised the astrological houses in a Y-axis with
the 1st house at the horizon (looking
towards East), and counting 30 degrees down from there on,
one can find that the location of the 9th house is directly
above the head and 30 degrees back from it. (Point of
origin of our shikha ?). The 9th house represents religion in
Vedic Astrology. May be it is for this reason the students of
Vedam (or all brahmaNas ?) shave their head except this
location. I also have heard stories from our books that a
punishment for a brahmaNa is to take away his education and
knowledge by cutting the shikha off !

2) Kapaala Moksham: When a dead body is burnt, some times the
skull bursts with an explosion and sound,
I have seen it referred as the soul leaving the body to the
feet of one's Acharya thru this point in the head,
also referred as Kapaala Moksham. This is considered as the best
path of the journey of the Soul and also somewhat rare.
(Also, is this Brahma Randhram ??)

3) Jewish men wear a small cap (I cannot remember what it is called)
at that same location where BrahmaNas wear the shikha. May be that point of the head has a universal significance ?

I appreciate corrections and clarifications to this posting.

rajeev

Sri Laxmi Hayagriva Parabrahmane Nama: