You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00047 Nov 2001

--- In tiruvengadam@xxxx, "Sudarshan M.K." <sampathkumar_2000@xxxx>
wrote:

Dear friends,

I have a question on the biography of Swami Desikan which perhaps
someone knowledgeable amongst you all may help clarify.

We know that a number of SwamiDesikan's 'grantha-s', 'kAvyA-s',
'stOtrA-s' and 'prabhandAm' were authored while he lived in
Kanchipuram, Tiruvaheendarapuram and SriRangam.

What are the works he authored while he lived in Satyakaalam?
According to standard biography, he lived there for more than a
decade. A decade is a pretty long time and a creative artist like
Swami Desikan could not have remained barren for that long. But I have
not heard of any work of his that was composed while he lived in
Satyakaalam.

Could the period he spent in Satyakaalam be regarded as a relatively
infertile phase in his life when his otherwise prodigious capacity to
turn out creative output shifted to a lower gear?

I will be grateful if some scholar in this group can throw light.
Thanks and regards,
dAsan,
Sudarshan
--- End forwarded message ---