You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00052 Nov 2001

Dear Members,

>Could the period he spent in Satyakaalam be regarded as a relatively

>infertile phase in his life when his otherwise prodigious capacity to

>turn out creative output shifted to a lower gear?

Interesting question. Although it appears he did not compose (m)any openly, I guess he probably continued his works secretly to avoid unnecessary attention from the marauding Muslim forces. Sri AbheetiSthavam might be just one such.

Therefore, my take is it was a tactical decisionby Swami Desikan to temporarily limit ‘publishing’ and maintain a low profile, while contemplating/researching for his later works, planning for setting- up Sri ParaKala Matam, bringing up Sri Sudarasana Suri’s sons, etc.

Respectfully,

Sriram

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia