You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00063 Nov 2001

namaskaarams

let me share some thoughts with you all. please read my email in
full and then reply.

ref http://www.egroups.com/messages/srirangasri/

while its all great and nice to discuss hindu philosophy via
emails and like the topics seen on this forum, there are some
important areas which need attention as well.

i guess (just a guesss) there may not be many hindus on this list
who are born and raised outside India - in the ages under 35 or
so. how do we target this audience ?

while there are many priests in the many temples in usa/canada
and elsewhere nations, not many of them are fluent in english and
in other foreign languages like french / german / spanish.
english fluency, to a great part, is badly missing and needs a
lot of work here.

the real danger lies in educated priests unable to present the
many facets of hinduism to the local people in their language or
to answer questions or to defend the religion against mounting
criticism on hinduism and hindu scriptures.

when we have functions in our temples, especially abroad, we need
to have our priests explain what is what about these functions,
in simple english to both the kids and adults who are born and
raised outside India. this need is very very acute.

all these can be done in parallel and this need not clash with
one another. i hope such needs would be considered in parallel.

thank you all
- Suresh
- http://www.egroups.com/messages/lsk/

Home Page