You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00026 Nov 2002

Priya Bhagawatas,
Jai Srimannarayana

Subject: Re: Is not God above desire? Why then a desire for "Leela"?

With the samskaram provided by our esteemed acharyas the following
points come to adiyen's mind to supplement the reasonable clarification
given by Sriman Narender Reddy garu.

As already stated, since time immemorial we are in this cycle of births
and deaths out of our own making. Lord Srimannarayana out of his
infinite mercy just facilitates the functioning of the leela vibhooti
to enable us to get released at the earliest.
As an approximate illustration :--
Paramatma is like a University which facilitates the students to attain
a degree. It does not have any bias (True University) towards anybody.
Based on the performance of the students in the examinations it declares
a student as pass or fail. It gives the students chances again and
again to appear for the examination. It does not have any desires to
pass some students and fail some students. It just facilitates the
students to attain degrees out of their own merit.

Similarly Paramatma simply operates His leela vibhooti to
facilitate the Baddha jeevis to get released to attain supreme bliss
only out of His infinite mercy.

The only difference between a University and Paramatma is 'University
and degree are separate and examinations are the means to achieve a
degree from University' whereas 'Paramatma is the supreme bliss or
the goal and the only means to supreme bliss is Paramatma Himself
which is through total saranagati to Him by thoughts, words and deeds
and that can be easy through our acharya parampara"

Jai Srimannarayan
Kilambi Ramakrishna Ramanuja Dasan

Message: 6