You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00087 Nov 2002

Conversion is a time consuming process. I've some old
recordings of my grandparents that I converted to CDs
for the rest of the family. I am familiar with the
technology and have the resources. The question is
one of time. I can typically do about 3-4 90-minute
cassettes per week. At that rate it would take 2-3
years to convert the collection that Krihna has. If
anyone is interested, I can talk to them off-list
about my setup.

Once a set of CDs has been created, I am sure there
are several folks who can easily "burn" duplicate CDs.

We should also give thought to creating MP3 CDs
instead of regular WAV CDs as they tend to make better
utilization of space.

Thanks & Regards
Raja Srinivasan

--- s.ramachandran@xxxx wrote:

> This writer is more than willing to contribute as
> follows :
>
> a. identify a reliable converting-technician (who
> can convert the tapes
> into CD)
> b. Get the conversions done.
>
> you may send the tapes/cassettes to his address,
> once the concerned people
> in the group initiating this project agree in
> principle on the writer's
> assistance.
>
> Everything free of cost of course, needless to say.
> Clear cut instructions
> must be provided.
>
> Whatever little one can offer by way of toil and
> sweat for THAT ETERNALLY
> GREAT DIVYA DAMPADHIS it is one's fortune
>
> Regards
>

> "Krishna
>

> Kashyap" To:
> <saranagathi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> <kkalale1@xxxx
> <Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> .com>
> <malolan_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>

> <Parakalamatham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> 11/18/02 05:23
> <srivenugopala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> AM
> <saranagathi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <acharya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> <ramanujamisison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>

> <desikasampradaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>

> <ramanuja_society@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>

> <asiasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <Tiruvengadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc:
> <ananth@xxxx>,
>

> <bhakti-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>

> <Srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <satyan@xxxx>
>

> Subject: [SriRangaSri] RE: Saranagathi Fwd:
> Assistance in
>
> spreading info on Audio Cassette publications
>

> Dear friends,
>
> Probably there is no equivalent to directly learning
> from great vidwans by
> attending kalakshapams and serving them in India.
> However, many of us may
> not be able to do that and to help people who do not
> have direct contact of
> such learned pundits, cassettes are definitely very
> useful. I have been
> working on such recordings for years and have
> collected about 300 or more
> cassettes from great vidwans like Sri N. S. Anantha
> Rangachar, S.M.S Chari
> etc. I have to state with confidence that cassette
> medium is not a long
> lasting one. For example even if we accidentally
> keep a cassette near a
> radio speaker, the information in it may get erased
> due to magnetic fields.
> Hence, it has to be recorded on CDs. I have lost
> information on some of my
> cassettes. I would like to convert all the remaining
> cassettes into CDs. I
> would request others to help since my time is
> consumed in career or some
> such problems. I personally feel that it will be our
> misfortune if we all
> do
> [...]
=== message truncated ===