You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00089 Nov 2002

Dear Bhagavatas:
We are shocked to learn of the sudden demise of Acharya SrImatE
puriSai kRushNamArya mahAdESikA Swami.

He blessed, from Day One, the inauguration of Swami Desika Darsana
Satsangam (SDDS), "Saranagathi Journal and "Sri Ranga Sri" Journal
to carry on the torch of spreading our philosophy through the medium
of Internet. He gave his permission to publish a translation of his
book "Sri Ranga Vijayam" which was serialized in "Sri Ranga Sri"

We have lost one of the great Acharyas of our Satsampradayam who was
a happy blend of scholarship of a high order and utmost accessibility
(Soulabhyam). He was like a "Ready Reckoner" and was quick to offer
the most authentic and authoritative clarifications whenever
approached with any questions or doubts in our Satsampradayam. He was
one of the first Acharyas to readily consent to be on the Board of
Advisory Consultants of "Sri Ranga Sri".

As one who had the bhaghyam of undergoing classes on "Sri Bhashyam",
at his feet, I feel this a terrible and irreparable personal loss.
It is our sincere prayers that the Divya Dhampatis should give the
strength to the members of the bereaved family, especially his
Devigal, who was an unfailing source of strength for him.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia