You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00036 Nov 2003

sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Humble pranam and welcome from Chicago Lord Srinivasa devotees.
9th ThiruAdhyayana Utsavam Invitation : Dec. 21 to 29th. 2003
Sri Venkateswara Temple, Aurora, Illinois,
1145 West Sullivan Rd., Aurora, IL 60506 USA, Tel#: (630)-844-2252

1. Thiru Adhyayana Utsavam Invitation : Dec. 21 to Dec. 29th
        Please regsiter at: http://ramanuja.cc.uic.edu/
2. Nalayira Dhivya Prabhandam Chanting (Schedule)
3. Educational Story telling sessions for Kids(Dec 21, 25, 26, 27 & 28)
4. Past experiences, Anubhavams from this Kainkariyam (Tears of Joy)
We are blessed to welcome you to serve Lord Srinivasa at Aurora, IL for a
few days, and as always we are anxious for your satsangh and our homes
and hospitality awaits your grace.
(Try to make it for atleast a few days, with the Winter holiday season)

======
Details:
======
1. Thiru Adhyayana Utsavam Invitation : Dec. 21 to Dec. 29th
Invitation fom the temple & goshti authorities at
 http://ramanuja.cc.uic.edu/ad03invite.html

We are blessed to have the 9th ThiruAdyayana Utsavam in
Aurora, Illinois for our Lord Sri Venkateswara.

Our temple, Sri Venkateshwara Swami Temple of Greater Chicago,
is the first temple in the USA, where where this tradition has been started
and Lord still enjoys Adyayana Utsavam for the past eight years.

We are making arrangements for devotees and scholars (Pick up from
airport, Boarding & Lodging) coming in from out of town,
please feel free to call or mail danp@xxxxxxx, 312 850 1169 (h)

You may choose to attend some of the days, weekends or all of the days,
we request your satsangh in performing this service to our Lord, SriVenkateswara

2. Nalayira Dhivya Prabhandam Chanting  http://ramanuja.cc.uic.edu/program.htm
If you can chant, please come and join our parayana ghoshti,
(If you can read tamil/ telugu/Kannada, you cal still participate in reading
from the book)

You can also volunteer in our Prachara Ghoshti,
Learn and talk about about Azhvars, their Lives, contributions.
(Posters, and other presentation materials provided)

You may also volunteer for the Story telling sessions,
3. Educational Story telling sessions (Dec 21, 25, 26, 27 & 28)
For the youngsters we have other activities to keep them interested and
still hear about Lord, his incarnations, Azhvars and their divine outpourings

There are 12 posters on on the 10 Azhvars and
Sri Andal & Madhurakaviar (Equivalent to or even higher than Azhvars)

We welcome you to serve Chicago Srinivasar for a few days, and as always
we are anxious for your satsangh and our homes and hospitality awaits your
grace.

Chicago area devotees will be honored to host you, your family and friends,

Please come and participate in any form towards this unique & divine Utsavam
this year.

4. Past experiences, Anubhavams from this Kainkariyam (Tears of Joy)
===========Some Excerpts from previous years experiences ============
ThiruAdyayana Utsavam: Sri Venkateshwara Swami Temple, Chicago Dec,1998
"During the Adhyayana Utsavam, the Lord hears the Nalayera Divya Prabhandams of
Alwars in the company of His Consorts and all the Alwars and Acharyas.
During this festival no other festival or any other activity is conducted.
Thus the exclusiveness of this festival.
The celebration enhances the prestige of the Temple in as much as
the Temple is qualified for the noted Ehis (Jeeyars), and Acharya Purushas
will be inclined to partake ThirthaPrasadams.

The presence of Nammalwar and Bhagvad Ramanuja in the temple is testified
by the celebration of Adyayana Utsavam. The Special Kanthi or Brightness with
smile (punmuruval) after witnessing the Ghoshti and hearing the lucid
prabhandams was conspicously noticed in the face of the
Lord by most of the Rasikas who participated in the Utsavam.

Such a divine anubhavam is rare even in India, adiyEn was blessed to be
a part of this funcion and will cherish this anubhavam. "
Written by a Sri VPS Varadan (- Published In Magazines in India)

To particiapte please visit and register at: http://ramanuja.cc.uic.edu/
or feel free to call: 312 850 1169

Chicago Area Devotees on behalf of
Sri Venkateshwara Swami Temple (www.balaji.org)