You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00069 Nov 2005

Dear sri tatachar swamy and sri vaishnava perunthagaiyeer,

Sri tatachar swamy says "it does not have much bearing in the present
context'. I do not really understand what is the `present context' as
mentioned by sri tatachar swamy. Is it
1.      Whether on hanuman removing the doubts of seethaa on chastity
of raamaa
2.      the reference and points on `grihastha brahmacharya',
3.      The present day world happenings around and to talk on
grihastha brahmacharya
I am not able to comprehend.

Sri hanumaan says `brahmacharya vrathE sthhitha:', while describing
raama's roopam.  That description of raama and lakshmaNa roopam is in
reply to seethaa's question of `how the friendship between vaanaraas
and raama happened, how do you know lakshmaNa, what are raama's
specific features or symbols or `chinnaani', what are lakshmaNaa's,
and the question of `katham ooru, katham baahu? Meaning - How is his
thighs and shoulders?

Seethaa wants to hear the physical description so that by hearing
that, she says `I will remove my sOkam'. This description of raama
roopam was extensively covered in my `andha raama soundharyam' series
under title `lotus failed'. Actually she wants to know in detail how
the friendship happened, and to what extent hanumaan has seen raama
and lakshmana. These questions are placed by seetha
1.      to remove her sOkam as she herself says.
2.      mainly to remove her doubt of whether raavaNa has come in
disguise describing about character of raama to please her, [having
heard about raama thru his own spies and or thru soorpanaka, or
learnt from maareechan, the golden deer].
and NOT to know from  / or question hanumaan about her raamaa's
chastity or express her doubts.

So there is no need for hanumaan to say that raama is
observing `brahmacharya vratham'. Also seethaa has already heard
raama's `guNa nalangaL', character aspects of raama being described
by hanumaan, but remaining is physical descriptions only.

Further as already referred to in the slOkam of adhyaathma raamayaNam
[re line of control series ? which is not found in vaalmeeki's] raama
has already informed seethaa that she has to be separate from him
till the completion of raavaNa killing. So his viraha vEdhana
is `well played drama'.

So what `context' sri swamy refers I am not able to understand. Can
swamy clarify / explain once again what context he refers to..
Dhasan
Vasudevan m.g.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM