You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00091 Nov 2006

SrI:

Dear AasthikAs :

As there are only 8 days before the SathAbhishEkam
of Srimath Azhagiya singar at Srirangam

Three books are being  announced by
the Sundara Simham Team .

1) Sri Venkatesa Ashttothram is at
http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/ebook96.htm

Earlier we released the AshtOttharam for Lord VenkatEsa
housed in BrahmANDa PurANam . There is yet another version
of AshtOttharam that is found in VarAha PurANam .This is the version
that is used DAILY in Rahasya AarAdhanam inside the Sannidhi
at Thirumala . The Lord listens to this VarAha PurANa AshtOttharam
in this Adhi VarAha KshEthram , where VarAha PerumAL has special
maryAdhais (e.g) ., (1) we can not go inside Lord SrinivAsan's temple
before visiting VarAhan's sannidhi on the bank of Swamy PushkaraNi .
(2) VarAha PerumAL recieves the first offering of NaivEdhyam before
Lord SrinivAsan .

Both Coimbatore Sri Sadagopan InyengAr and adiyEn have the privelege of
presenting this Sri VenkatEsa AshtOttharam . We have been ably supported by
Thirukkudanathai Srimathy Jayashree DesikAchAry and Sri Mukund Srinivasan of
Nedumtheru AgrahAram . Our grateful thanks are to these two team Members .
Please use this AshtOttharam on SravaNam days atleast and enjoy the Meanings
as you perform AarAdhanam to Lord of the Seven Hills .

2) Sri Vishnu Sahasra Namam is at:
http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/ebook97.htm

Sriman Narasimhan Krishnamacahary of Thirukkudanthai is a devout
sishyar of HH Srimath SrimushNam Andavan Swamy .Sri Krishnamachary
is the proud author of many informative and well researched postings on
Sri VishNu Sahasra Naamams .He has completed now a masterly comparitive
study of the scholarly commentaries of Swamy ParAsara Bhattar , Adhi Sankarar
and a host of others . Sriman Mandayam KrishNaswamy of LA has created
a web site for housing these postings and this site has been visited by more
than 70,000 visitors  sofar . We have used that popular web site as the base
to create a New e-book in the Sundara Simham series on the eternally popuar
subject of Sri VisNu Sahasra Naamams. Volume I is being released , which takes
us
upto 400 plus nAmAs . Parts II and III will be released soon to cover all
the 1,000 NaamAs of Sriman NaarAyaNan . With the permission of the author
and Sriman KrishNaswamy , we have built upon their previous efforts
and have extended the reach of this important Sahasra Naamam .

3) Sri Lakshmi Sahasram is at :
http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/ebook100.htm

Sri Lakshmi Sahasram is a magnificent tribute to the GuNams and
Vaibhavam of Mahaa Lakshmi by the great poet , ArasANippAlai Sri VenkatAdhvari
( 1590-1660 A.D) . The multifaceted genius of Sri VenkatAdhvari finds its
outlet
in the VisthAra Kaavyam of Sri Lakshmi Sahasram .This ChathussAsthra Pandithar
and the precocious author of Four Champus (ViswaguNa , Hasthigiri , Utthara and
SrinivAsa champus ) has palced at the sacred feet of Mahaa Lakshmi his Kaavyam
celebrated as Sri Lakshmi Sahasram in greateful acknowledgement of Mahaa
Lakshmi's
anugraham to gain back his eye sight . Through the 1018 slOkams housed in 25
chapters
( sthaBakams) , Sri VenkatAdhvari Kavi has celebrated the Vaibhavam of Mahaa
Lakshmi .
Each of these slOkams is a gem worth detailed study .

NavalpAkkam Thirumalai ChathurvEda Sathakrathu Professor V.KaNNan Swamy is
blessing us with the coverage of Sri Lakshmi Sahasram in Tamil in Sri
RanganAtha
Paadhukaa , the house journal of Srimath Srirangam Andavans . AdiyEn is
covering
the 42 slOkams of the Naama Vaibhavam sthaBakam ( 17th Chapter) based on
the scholarly write ups of Professor V.Kannan , a celebrated researcher in the
field of
Mathematics and the recent winner of the prestiegious RaamAnujam Prize .

adiyEn  prays for Mahaa Lakshmi's anugraham to cover additional chapters
of Sri Lakshmi Sahasram in the coming months .

Other e-books of the Sundara Simham seres are at:

http://www.sundarasimham.org/e-books.htm
http://www.sundarasimham.org/e-booksS2.htm
http://www.sundarasimham.org/e-booksS3.htm
http://www.sundarasimham.org/e-booksS4.htm