You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00111 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all

Having described the greatness and vaibhavam of
EmperumAnAr Ramanuja, he apprehends that the Lord
pushes one into the heaven or hell depending on the
puNya, paapams and then lets us suffer again in
samsaaric affliction due to the enormous sins
committed. Is there any way to get out of this?
Amudhanaar himself responds that if one surrenders to
the lotus feet of Ramanuja, he would never ever let us
down and one need not fear.

idumE iniya chuvarkkaththil innam narakilittuch
chutumE yavaRRaith thotar_tharu thollaich
chuzalpiRappil
nNatumE yininNam iraamaa Nnuchann^ammai namvachaththE
vitumE charaNamen Raal,mana mE!nNaiyal mEvuthaRkE?  98

EmperumAnAr appeared only for our sake. In order to
save each one of us, he is born in this world. You
alone are my refuge- is enough for him to take full
care of us and place us at the feet of Sriman
Narayanan. Will he place in the pleasures of heaven?
Or even after surrendering to him, will he put in the
scorching hell? Will he stop the further births due to
the accrued karma? Or will he let us continue what we
desire running behind material pursuits and worldly
pleasures as usual for ever? He would never do that.
After having surrendered to him, oh mind! Don?t ever
have any doubt. Don?t lament or have fear.

manamE ? Oh mind!
saraNam enRaal ? surrendering to you saying ?you alone
are my refuge?
iraamanuan ? the paramaacharya who accepted our
saranagathi
nammai ? us [you and me]
iniya- even if we don?t want to go, the pleasures of
swargatthil ? devalokam
idum E- push into..
innam-more than we suffer
narakil ittu sudumE- burn in the scorching suffering
in hell [narakam]
avatrai- or their continuance of
thollai piRappil ? the time immemorial innumerable
births and deaths as animal, plants and humans
nadumE- be placed in them?  [such births]
ini, num vasatthE- or to our desires
vidumE- let us go and wander as we please
mEvuthaRkku naiyal- [even if Acharyan ? HE WILL NOT-
even if he does, don?t feel remorseful or bad to
accept the same? as it is acaharyan?s command and we
would have to abide. All are equal to us.

Chakravartthi Thirumagan said: Even if my father
orders: Jump into well or jump into the fire. ? I am
willing to do with pleasure. When he sends me to the
forest, will I not go?? Similarly, after taking refuge
at the feet of Ramanuja, whatever he says, we will
have to do. Will he do Asritha virOdham? If he asks us
to do something, or if places us somewhere, it is for
betterment of ours. It will do good to us, though it
may not look or sound to us now due to limited or no
knowledge or vision. We are his dAsar and we would
abide by what he asks us to do.

Will he then push into the scorching hell? No. he will
not, by the word ? saraNam enRaal?.

In the 30th verse [inbantnaru] and the 34th verse [en
peyvinai] naraka prasthAvam is mentioned. The birth
here in this earth is equivalent to the hell and/or
heaven.

Num raamanusan- word means our Ramanuja- the One whose
thinking is always for our welfare and safety. He
always thinks of our hitham.. For the pleasure of the
Lord, this iLaya perumAL has come into this world for
saving us [the darling children of Sriman Narayanan].

Don?t lament. He would never ever let us down. All
that we want [oh mind!] is to serve him and be with
him.. We would always do what he instructs us to do.
We surrendered to AzhwAn due to his instruction only..
similarly we will do what he wants or places us. That
is the hallmark of being his dAsar.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana