You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Nov 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00128 Nov 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Only after getting rid of the karmic diseases, and get
out of the prakrithi sambandham, only then can one
attain the uninterrupted service  and enjoyment of
Acharyan ThiruvaDi and PerumAL ThiruvaDi. Why did he
not ask for the removal of these karmic diseases then?
Here is the response- perhaps.

mayakkum iruvinai valliyiR pooNtu mathimayangith
thuyakkum piRaviyil thOnRiya ennaith thuyarakaRRi
uyakkoNtu nalkum iraamaa Nnucha!enRa thunnaiyunni
nNayakkum avarkki thizukkenpar, nallavar enRumnNainthE
(101)

That which grows the ajnAnam; that which immerses us
in the ocean of samsaaric afflictions; that which
pushes me into the darkness of ignorance ? i.e. the
birth in this prakrithi- is where I am born. Removing
these karmic diseases and saving me is what
EmperumAnAr is upto. ? Thus I uttered in praise of
your pAvanam- the ability to remove the paapams. There
are very many who immerse themselves in your kalyANa
guNAs at all times and are resplendent with acharya
bhakthi. My singing in praise of you only belittles
your glories. Where am I and where are they!- is the
meaning to be interpreted.

mayakkum iru vinai ? the cause for ignorance and
ajnAnam- karmic diseases- puNya paapams
valliyil pooNdu- entrapped in the cuffs of samsaaric
afflictions
mathi mayangi thuyakkum piRaviyil? buddhi ajnAmam
grows in these births
thOnRiya ennai- born in such births from time
immemorial
thuyar agaRRi ? removal of all these karmic diseases
and future births in these samsaaric world;
uyakkoNdu- saving me
nalgum- blessing me and loving me so endearingly
iraamaanusa- is Ramanuja only.
enRadhu idhu ? thus when I utter for having removed my
paapms and saved me ? in praise of Ramanuja [is
nothing compared to]
unni unni- immersing oneself again and again thinking
of Ramanuja,
enRum naindhu- melting in their hearts always thinking
of Acharyan
nayakkumavarrku- desirously talk about him
izhukku aagum ? this [my praising you] belittles such
glorifications of those mahAthmAs who are ardent
sishyas and who shine with acharya bhakthi
enbar nallOr- scholars and elders will tell.

Great scholars, prime sishyas, ordinary disciples
everyone immerses themselves in the enjoyment of Sri
Ramanuajcharya?s divine dhivya mangaLa vigraham ? the
most beautiful ThirumEni, his kalyANa guNAs etc.. If
they ever think in between about the reoval of their
paapams, and the SrivaikuNta praapthi and wonder if
Acharyan?s avathAram is for that alone- then it
becomes the topic for mockery as it belittles
acharyan?s glories. Hence it is better to forget those
byproducts and concentrate and focus only on acharya
anubhavam and nothing else. Not that those are NOT
required. They indeed are and that is the main cause
for surrendering to acharyan?s lotus feet. But once
one realizes the acharyan?s glories, then one can NOT
think of anything else.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana