You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2000

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00000 Oct 2000

SRI RANGA SRI
Vol.I /Issue 1  Dated 8th October 2000
In this Issue
1. Launching of Electronic Journal ?SRI RANGA SRI? ? Editorial
2. Srimukham Blessings from Yathisreshtas
 Prakritam H.H. Azhagiya Singhar
 Prakritam H.H. Poundarikapuram Andavan
 Prakritam H.H. Parakala Matam Jeeyar
 Prakritam H.H. Sri Rangapriya Yathi
Sri Ranga Sris Cha VardhathAm/
Sri Ranga Sris Cha VardhathAM//

Dear Bhagavatas:

I returned on 3rd October 2000, after a hectic trip to India where I visited several Divyadesamas, met with almost all Yathivaras, AchAryas and scholars, discussed with Editors of Religious publications like Nrisimhapriya, Hayagriva Priya, Sri Ranganatha Paduka, Kanchi Perarulalan, Sri Desika Seva etc, and several others.

As most of you know, before coming to U.S.A., it was my good fortune to have undergone intensive and extensive Kalakshepam courses for over 15 years on Grantha ChathushTayams at the feet of Yathivaras and AchAryas like ?
 Prakritam H.H. 45th PaTTam Azhagiyasinghar (in his PurvAsramam),
 Prakritam H.H. ParavAkkoTTai Gopala Desika Maha Desikan Srimad Aandavan of PouNDarika puram Aasramam,
 AchArya SriBAshya Simhasanam Purisai NaDAdur Krishnama chariar SwAmi (Editor, Nrisimhapriya Journal of Ahobila Matam),
 AchArya Sri SrivatsAnkachariar SwAmi (Former Principal, Madras Sanskrit College and now in French Institute, Pondicherry)
 and many others.
As mandated by them through blessings and MantrAkshadais,
I came to U.S.A. for spreading our Siddhantam among those interested. It is my pleasure to have serialized my book ? Hinduism Rediscovered? housing inter-alia, ?Srimad Rahasya Traya SAram? of SwAmi Desika, through the Electronic Journal of ?Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam?(SDDS) Volumes I and II, archived at www.srivaishnava.org/sgati by Sri Venkatesh Elayavalli.

I was overwhelmed by the support and encouragement of the readers, who honored me as President of SDDS in the first ever Srivaishnava Conference held at Buffalo, New York in December 1996.

The Yathivaras and AachAryas whom I met during the current trip to pay my obeisance advised me to continue what they termed as
?good work done by me as mandated by them?. They assured me that our Sampradayam is so vast and deep that any number of media (electronic, print etc) outputs would be required to propagate the doctrines, tenets and practices thereof.

Srimad Andavan of Poundarikapuram Asramam named the new journal as ?SRI RANGA SRI? and advised the launching on the Tirunakshatram day of Swami VedAnta Desikan on 8th October 2000. And, this was approved unanimously by all the other Yathivaras and AachAryas, as can be seen from their ?SRIMUKHAM BLESSINGS? featured below separately.

Srimukhams containing Anugraha Bashanams for the new journal
Received so far from Yathi Sreshtas reproduced hereunder:
 Prakritam H.H. Azhagiya Singhar
 Prakritam H.H. Poundarikapuram Andavan
 Prakritam H.H. Parakala Matam Jeeyar
 Prakritam H.H. Sri Rangapriya Yathi
Received so far from AchAryas will be reproduced in the next issue.
 AchArya Purisai Krishnamachariar Swami (Editor, Nrisimhapriya)
 AchArya Seva Srinivasaraghavachariar Swami (Editor, Desika Seva)
 AchArya Srivatsankachariar Swami
 AchArya V.S.Karunakaran Swami
 AchArya M.K. Srinivasan Swami
 AchArya Anantha Narasimhachariar Swami
Promised to send - Srimukham awaited (will be reproduced as and when received)
 Prakritam H.H. Srimushnam Srirangam Srimad Andavan of Periyasramam
 Anantha Narasimhachariar Swami (Srikaryam of PP Asramam)
 Natteri Rajagopalan Swami (Editor, Sri Ranganatha Paduka)
 T.C.Srinivasan Swami (Editor, Hayagriva Priya)
 Uruppattur Soundararajan Swami ( Chairman, Hayagriva Vidya Peetam and Editor, Kanchi Perarulalan)
Requested ? Response awaited ? (will be reproduced if and when received)
 H.H. Vanamamalai Matam Jeeyar
 M.A..Venkatakrishnan Swami (Editor, Geethacharyan)
Accordingly, it is my duty and honor to inaugurate the new Electronic Journal as the official journal of SDDS on this auspicious occasion of Swami Desikan's Tirunakshatram day.

The new journal will feature high quality articles from AchAryas and eminent scholars on the tenets of our Siddhantham. Besides general topics relating to our Sampradayam, special sections will be devoted to the ?Grantha ChathushTayams? under the titles-
 ?SriBAshayAmrutham?
 ?GitAmrutham?
 ?PrabandAmrutham? and
 ?DesikAmrutham?
 A ?QUESTION BOX? to which readers may address their doubts and queries is also proposed to be included, For those questions for which, we are not able to provide ready answers, we will secure and make available authoritative replies from AchAryas back home.
 A ?QUIZ PROGRAM? is also proposed to be started, By way of ?Reader participation?, readers may be requested to provide answers for the queries posed by us. The best or the correct answers will be published in a subsequent issue.
 Due to the need to educate younger generations (and indeed some parents too!) on our SatSampradAyam, it is proposed to provide a separate section entitled-
?LEARN OUR SAMPRADAYAM THE EASY WAY?
with graded lessons explaining the basics of our tradition.

It is my pleasure to invite you on board to participate both as readers and contributors to ?SRI RANGA SRI? and receive the grace of Divya Dhampathis, Yathisreshtas, AchArya Sarvabhoumas and other scholars who have blessed this effort as aforesaid wholeheartedly and unanimously and have pledged their support at all times.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
President,
Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam. (SDDS) and
Editor and Publisher ?SRI RANGA SRI?
SRIMUKHAM BLESSINGS FROM YATHISRESHTAS
Srimukham Blessings from His Holiness
45th Pattam Srimad Azhagiya Singhar,
Sri Lakshmi Nrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
Srivann Satakopa Sri Narayana Yathindra Maha Desikan
SRIKARYAM To
SRI AHOBILA MUTT Sri Anbil Ramaswamy
President,
Camp: Delhi Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam,U.S.A.
1638 Omara Lane, Smyrna, GA- 30082, U.S.A.
Dated 1st October 2000

We are happy to learn that Sri Anbil Ramaswamy Iyengar, President, Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam, U.S.A. is launching a new electronic journal entitled ?SRI RANGA SRI? on the auspicious occasion of Tirunakshatram of Swami Vedanta Desikan on Sunday, 8th October 2000.

Every Srivaishnava is expected to study and propagate the tenets contained in the Grantha Chathushtayam ? the four holy scriptures belonging to our Sampradayam viz., Sri Bashyam, Gita Bashyam, Divya Prabandams of Alwars and the Sri sooktis of Swami Desikan especially Srimad Rahasya Traya Saram. We are pleased to know that with this in view, ?SRI RANGA SRI? will present separate sections entitled ?Sri Bashyaamrutham?, ?Gitaamrutham?.?Prabandaamrutham? and ?Desikaamrutham? besides general topics related to our Satsampradayam.

It is gratifying to note that special attention will be paid to educating our kids, youth and old alike. We are glad to note that he will be guided by a Board of Advisors consisting of AchAryas and Scholars both from India and abroad, whose articles will be featured in ?SRI RANGA SRI?

Sri Anbil Ramaswamy Iyengar, a Paramaikanthin, has himself undergone intensive and extensive Kalakshepam courses and has written many books on our Sampradayam in English and Tamil in easily understandable format. With his editorial and communication skills, we are sure that the journal would grow from strength to strength in serving and promoting the spiritual needs of our community.

We invite all Bhagavatas to encourage and assist in his efforts, as a service to Ahobila Mutt and receive the blessings of Sri Lakshminrisimhan.

We offer our heartfelt prayers to Sri Lakshminrisimhan to bless him and all those connected with his efforts with long life, prosperity, peace of mind and perfect physical health to be able to continue their kainkaryam to BhagavAn, Bhagavatas and AchAryas.

We offer our ?Mangalasasanams? to this end with the invocation-
?Sriman Srirangasriyam anubadravam anudinam samvardhaya?
?Sriman Srirangasriyam anubadravam anudinam samvardhaya?
Srimukham Blessings from His Holiness
Paramahamsetyadi Prakritam. Paravakkottai Srimad Andavan Gopala Desika Maha Desikan of Paramahamsetyadi Srimad Poundarikapuram Andavan Ashramam,43-A/13 Ashramam Road, Srirangam 620 006, Tamilnadu, India.
Dated 19th September 2000
Sri Anbil Ramaswamy who is at present staying in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. has acquired deep knowledge of our Srivaishnava Sampradayam at the feet of Yathivaras and AchAryas through Kalakshepams for a long time. He is, therefore, eminently suited to start the new Electronic Internet journal ?SRI RANGA SRI? of which he will be the Editor and publisher.

This journal will carry high quality articles of our Srivaishnava AchAryas and erudite scholars based primarily on the four holy scriptures of ?Sri Bashyam?, ?Gita Bashyam?, ?Bhagavad Vishayam? and ?Srimad Rahasya Traya Saram? collectively celebrated as ?Grantha Chathushtayam?

We offer our prayers to Divya Dhampathis that everyone should subscribe and read the contents of SRI RANGA SRI and be benefited by imbibing Sath Vishayams and Sad Aachaarams. Through Narayana Smaranam, we offer our ?Mangalasasanams? for the continuous publication of this noble journal.. Narayana Narayana
(Sd) Srimad Andavan, Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam, Srirangam.
Srimukham Blessings from His Holiness
Srimad Lakshmi Hayagriva Divya Paduka Sevaka Srimad Abhinava Vageesa Brahma Tantra Swatantra Parakala Maha Desikan,
Sri Brahma Tantra Swatantra Parakala Swamy Mutt, Krishna Vilasa Road, near Jagan Mohan Palace, Devaraja Mohalla, Mysore ? 570 024
Ref: SBSPM/MYS/MISC/Vol.I Dated 24th September 2000
To Sri Anbil K. Ramaswamy 22 Prithvipakkam, Ambattur, Chennai 600 053.
Respected Sir:
As desired by your letter dated 14/9/2000, 2 articles in Kannada and Srimukham in Sanskrit are sent herewith -through Courier- for your kind disposal. H.H.Swamigal conveys his blessings on you and your family for good health and prosperity and Phala Mantrakshadai is sent herewith.

As our Srikaryam was away from Headquarters for about 10 days, there is a delay in sending the articles and Srimukham.
Thanking you, Sir
(Sd) Secretary
Sri Brahma Tantra Swatantra Parakalaswamy Mutt Sri Laksmi Hayagriva Divya Paduka Sevaka H.H. Srimad Abhinava Vageesa Brahma Tantra Swatantra Parakala Maha Desika?s Divya Anugraha Srimukham.
Sri Vidyaa Sri Param Tattvam ViswO jayathu Sarvadhaa/
AnayA jeevanam nityam BhAthu VidyAmayam mudhA//
Meaning : The Supreme Lord (Paratattvam) is personification of knowledge.
He is ?Sri Vidya Sri? .Let this knowledge illuminate the world everywhere.
?Sri Vidya Sri? is our lifeline and heart throb.
Let Sri Vidya Sri shine happily and grant us eternal joy.

Lakshmi HayAsyam Aaraadhami Aham SamprArthya thanmahE/
Sri Vidya Sri Swayam lOkE SandesAm BhAsathAm swayam//
Meaning: We pray heartily to the lustrous Lakshmi Hayagriva that Knowledge which alone is real wealth should shine well in this world forever.

This journal named ?SRI RANGA SRI? deserves to be enjoyed by one and all in the world. We are delighted to learn that Sri Anbil Ramaswamy, Iyengar is the Editor of ?SRI RANGA SRI?, because he has not only mastered the intricacies of our Veda and Vedanta in depth but has also the proficiency to explain them in English in a simple and understandable format for the benefit of those who know and can understand only that language.

We offer our ?Mangalasasanams? through Narayana Smriti that this journal ?SRI RANGA SRI? should grow from strength to strength, spread all over the world and illuminate everywhere.Subham.
Srimukham Blessings of His Holiness
Srimad Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya Sri Sri Rangapriya Maha Desikan, Ashtanga Yoga Vignana Mandiram, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Dated 25th September 2000
We are highly pleased to learn from the Acharya Nishta devotee, Sri Anbil Ramaswamy, the Founder- President of Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam that the said Institution has undertaken the blessed work of publishing a new electronic journal called ?SRI RANGA SRI? for a world wide propagation of the knowledge of the most exalted Acharya Sri Venkatanatha Vedanta Desika, for the supreme good of all beings, with an active assistance and cooperation of Srivaishnava fraternity.

With Narayna Smaranams and Smaranas of the holiest feet of AchAryas, we raise our hand in benediction over the proposed undertaking.

The title ?SRI RANGA SRI? gracefully given by His Holiness Srimad Andavan of Poundarikapuram Ashramam is most befitting. The proposed magazine sings the glory of Sri Ranganatha and the Siddhantam dearest to Him and well established and propagated with all the fire and strength of his soul by the revered Acharya, Venkatanatha who was graced with the title ?Vedanta Desika?(the most revered teacher of Vedanta) by the Divine couple, Sri Ranganatha and His Consort at the temple town par excellence viz., Srirangam.

Sri Vedanta Desika was an Acharya par excellence endowed as he was with a vision and mission of the highest order and erudition and exemplary conduct in tune with them. He dedicated his whole life for establishing on a rocklike foundation, the Siddhantam of the crest jewel of AchAryas, ?BhagavAn RamAnuja?. His numerous works On the philosophy and religion of VisishtAdvaita and Srivaishnavism, devotional lyrics, Kavyas in Sanskrit, Tamil and PrAkrit bear testimony to this.

His unique service in defense of Sri RamAnuja Darsana is certified by the following observation of a great Acharya of the rival school. ?I can tear into pieces this philosophy of VisishtAdvaita. But, what is to be done? Acharya Vedanta Desika has built impregnable fortress to protect it from all sides?.

He was held in high esteem not only by his devotees and scholars of his own school but also by very great teachers of rival schools. Most renowned AchAryas of Advaita and Dvaita schools namely Sri VidyAranya and AkshObhya Muni, invited him to give the verdict of a judge on their own interpretations of a Vedantic text. He is also known as a ?Philosopher among poets and a poet among philosophers?.

His devotion to Sadaachaaram and Satsampradayam are also well known. In spite of the words of praise showered on him from all sides, he was the very embodiment of humility and worked with indefatigable energy for the protection and propagation of the Vedanta Siddhantam dear to him, without caring for name or fame, gain or glory.

He also prayed that the entire brotherhood which had taken refuge at the feet of Sri RamAnuja should live and work in amity and without envy and jealousy, venom and rancor ? ?AnyOnya vaira Janani vijahAtva AsooyA?

May the Srivaishnava fraternity be bound with silken threads of affection being inspired by the life and works of this great teacher and work for the success of ?SRI RANGA SRI?.
(Sd) Sri Sri Rangapriya Sri Sri
Srimukhams from Acharyas will follow in the next issue Vol.I/Issue 2