You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00016 Oct 2002

sri:
Dear Devotees: Accept adiyEn's humble pranam:

There was a talk about what is the one factor that saves
Draupadi at her time of distress,
Which one act: Holding hands, prapatti, putting her hands in the air etc,

Our Purvacharyas have blessed us with all these answers
(Every question we ask now has already been asked and
fully explained by our Purvacharyas)

Sri Swami Pillai Lockacharyan, also knows as LokaDesikan, has
mentioned this in Mumukshuppadi,

16: draupadikku AbaththilE pudavai suranthathu thirunAmamiRE.

Sri TCA Venkatesan has translated this
16. draupadikku AbaththilE pudavai suranthathu thirunAmamiRE.

http://www.acharya.org/vyakyanam/mumukshuppadi/mmp016.html

If the Govinda nAma, which is Narayana nAma associated with one place,
can do so much, then does one have to explain further the greatness of the
Narayana nAma.

She says "sanka chakra gadApANe! dvAraka nilayAcyuta! gOvinda!
puNdareekAksha! raksha mAm sharaNAgatam"

More than anything else, its HIS Grace that saves us all the time.
(But since this grace is there all the time for devotees, we tend to overlook
his Grace)

It is like saying the plant grows because "i" watered it,
(But Sunlight, the KEY Element is always there, like Perumal's grace)

So if perumal's grace is there all the time, what is our "jivatma's role"?

Our role is not to block his grace (NOT to turn away from HIM)
Achit Sambhandam takes us away from HIM, Iswara Sambhandam takes us closer to
him.

azhwAr emperumAnAr JeeyAr thiruvadigalE sharanam

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Mukundan Vangkipuram Pattangi
http://www.radioramanuja.com

Join Ramanuja Group: ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx