You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00055 Oct 2002

Dear Sri Venkatesan:

Thank you for pointing this out.

I have heard elders saying that the Tanian "Seeronru" was composed by
Lokacharyar.

You are right in asking a restatement in my post to the effect that - "the
thaniyan is "attributed by some" to Sri Pillai Lokacharya".

I will try to get the appropriate Pramanam for this and present.
Meanwhile, if you come across any Pramanam reg. "Lokacharya Panchasat" kindly
let me know. Let me hasten to assure you that there is no bias either way.

Both Swami Desika and Lokacharyar were great friends and it is probable that
the verses attributed to both of them may be rightly so.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear Sri Anbil Ramaswamy Swamin,

It is only fair that you seek the authenticity of a
work that has been atrributed to Sri Vedanta Desika.
And I look forward to readers input into the same.

However, in your message you have clearly implied that
you believe that the "seeronRu" thanian for Sri Vedanta
Desika was written by Sri Pillai Lokacharya. As far
as I know, this is not accepted by everyone. As such,
I would request you to "prove with pramanams" that
this thaniyan was indeed written by Sri Pillai
Lokacharya. Otherwise, I would request you to change
your post to say that the thaniyan is "attributed by
some" to Sri Pillai Lokacharya.

AdiyEn does not mean to start a controversy with this
post. My intent only is that the coin should be held
equal on both sides. If pramaNams are requested for
one (as it should be) then the other side should be
equally convincing. I apologize if this post hurts
anyone's feelings as that is not my intent.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan
http://www.acharya.org