You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00077 Oct 2002

Dear Bhagavatas:
I cannot agree more with what Sri Venkatesan says:
"I will also request you to kindly close this topic
unless someone presents educational, researched
material in support of their views".

In fact, my original query was for seeking Pramanam for the two Thanianas
"attributed" to Pillai Lokacharya and Swami Desika respectively.
This has not been answered fully to the satisfaction of all.

Further discussions on this subject would only to disrupt our focus
of highlighting the areas of agreement and not harping on the
differences.

Unless someone comes up with appropriate Pramanams
for both the claims, acceptable to all,
no further discussions on the subject can be allowed.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Moderator
Dear Sri Anbil Swami and others,

AdiyEn does not want to keep going along this thread
unless logical, acceptable data is presented. Yet I
see notes such as this that says "your thennacharya"
etc. Early on I had made note of the fact that I was
presenting arguments from an objective perspective and
not from a kalai perspective.

Regarding the pramAnam presented by Sri Dileepan I
have already explained the objections to it by
Thennacharya scholars - we are all aware that not all
statements from the acharya prabhavams of either side
are accepted by the others; knowing that, they can be
used as universal pramaNams only when they are equally
accepted by all scholars.

The note is also incorrect because I had never said
that Lokacharya Panchasat was authored by Sri Desika.
In fact, I agreed with others that proof should be
asked for its authorship (as well as for some other
granthas which went practically unchallenged). It is
also interesting to note that Sri PBA Swami and Sri
Purisai Swami are quoted in reference but their
objections to the authorship of the Seeronru thaniyan
is largely ignored. I know they are being quoted to
show that not all Thennacharya scholars agree on the
authorship of the said grantha; nevertheless I think
it is misleading to use them just for this one count.

I will also request you to kindly close this topic
unless someone presents educational, researched
material in support of their views.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan
http://www.acharya.org