----Original Message Follows----
From: Vasudevan VK <vasuchak@xxxx>
To: Madhavakkannan V <srivaishnavan@xxxx>, SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, acharya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, malolan_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nama-singapore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Srivenugopala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [SriRangaSri] Thuppul PiLLai- 13- Swamy Desikan Dhivya mangaLa vigraha dhyAnam
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:19:33 -0700 (PDT)

Shrimathey Nigamaantha Mahaa Deshikaaya Namaha

Kindly pardon me for saying this but it is a known fact that the thulasi garland is fit for wearing only by the Lord, Shriman Narayanan. Human beings can consume it as prasadam or for medical reasons, or have it placed on the inside of the ear lobes so that it does not come in contact with the hair on the head. No other devatantarams are eligible to wear the thulasi garland either. Swami Desikar and his Thirukkumaarar were certainly aware of this no doubt. Under such circumstances, it is difficult to believe that Swami's Thirukkumaarar has composed a poem on his Thiruththagappanaar which states so many times that the latter wears a thulasi garland.

I request learned scholars to throw light on this.

Once again kshamaapanams if I have said something wrong.

Shrimathey Nigamaantha Mahaa Deshikaaya Namaha.

Madhavakkannan V <srivaishnavan@xxxx> wrote:
SrI:
SrImathE Nigamantha Mahadesikaya namah:
SrImAn venkatanAthAryaH kavitArkika kesarI |
vedAntAcArya-varyo me sannidhattAm sadA hRdi ||

May the glorious Venkatanatha, the greatest of teachers of Vedanta, and the
lion among poets and debaters, reside forever in my heart.

Download games, logos, wallpapers and lots more at MSN Mobile! http://www.msn.com.sg/mobile/

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com