You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00044 Oct 2003

Srimathe Nigamantha Mahadesikaya Namaha!

Shishyas of Sri Ahobila Matam in USA had the blissful experience of
celebrating Swamy Desikan Thirunakshathram on the 5th of October
2003 at the residence of a sishya of Sri Ahobila Matam, in Potomac,
Maryland. Swamy Desikan's abhimanis from places far and near gathered
in full strength to revel in the celebration of His Thirunakshathram.
The presence of Sri Navaneetha Krishnan, Salagrama murthies, dwaraka
silas, portraits of Swamy Desikan and Srimadh Azhagiya Singar infused
a divine atmosphere.

The crisp cool and calm fall morning began with vishvaroopa sEvai to
Sri Navaneetha Krishnan. The gambeera ghoshti started the seva kaalam
as per Sri Sannidhi sampradhAyam which was followed by Navakalasa
Thirumanjanam. It is said that the NithyasUries perform Thirumanjanam
and ArAdhanam to perumaL in Srivaikuntam. Though we do not have that
bhAgyam yet we had the bhAgyam of witnessing Thirumanjanam to Sri
Navaneetha Krishnan which was an experience in itself.
MadhurAshtakam describes Krishna as "MadhurAdhipathe: akhilam
Madhuram". True to this, witnessing our sweet little Krishna have
Thirumanjanam with navakalasa dhiraviyam was a madhurAnubhavam. Since
it was an EkAdasi day PerumaL gave dharsanam with thiruthuzhAy mAlai
during Thirumanjanam. Later with His singAra punmuruval He dazzled
in the beautiful Peethambaram and dhivyAbhranams. The sight took the
gathering of Sishyas and abhimanis to a divine trance.

It was then time to recite Desika Prabandhams and Desika stotrams.
Sri Sannidhi sishyas started reciting Desika Prabandham from Srimadh
Athivan Satagopan Thirunakshathram and concluded it in a grand manner
on the Thitunakshathram day.

Our Perumal's presence brings in an ambience of delight and devotion.
There is never an event without music and merriment when our
Navaneetha Krishnan is present. Just as He mesmerized everyone with
His vENugAnam, it was time for him to be mesmerized in the
mellifluous music of his bhakthas. Our VeNugAnan was treated with a
wonderful veNugAnam. Later Athigiri AruLALa PerumaL arrived when
ThiruchinnamAli pAsuram was sung. Our Navaneetha NAtyan also joined
the NAtyam of a young girl who praised Him as MAdhava MAmava DEva.
The Hall filled with prabandham , music, dance and bhaagavathAs
resplendent with devotion was true to the spirit of the margam shown
by our guiding beacon Swamy Desikan. This apart there was a musical
tribute to Swamy Desikan in the form of a keerthanam praising the
multi faceted acharyan's glory and guidance to our sampradhAyam.

The celebration concluded with thaligai, Acharya SambhAvanai and
sAturumarai. Later sumptuous prasAdam was served befitting an ekAdasi
day. It was our bhagyam to be a part of this celebration and get the
anugraham of PerumaL and achAryas. Some bhAgavathAs who are visiting
from India were happy and said they never expected to have such a
blissful experience like this in the United States.

Being in a land far removed from our Sri Matam and SampradAyam does
at times bring a feeling of loss and loneliness of not being
involved in our sampradhAya activities. But just as Krishna descended
amidst the naïve Gokulavaasies from a place as high as Srivaikuntam
our Sri Matam's Perumal has descended in this country to bless and
guide us in our life here. The strength of our SampradAyam lies in
getting together and celebrating our Acharyas, Azhvaars, Perumal
thirunakshathrams and other important events. We pray to Swamy
Desikan and Sri Navaneetha Krishnan to bless us with the opportunity
to get together and have bhagavath and bhaagavatha anubhavam.

OthAthOthum vEdhAnthAriyan udhayam seythidu nAL
UththamamAna purattAsi thiruvONamenum nALE

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list