You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00104 Oct 2003

--- In SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sadagopaniyengar
<sadagopaniyengar@xxxx> wrote:
> Srimate SrivanSatakopa Sri Vedanta Desika Yatindra Mahadesikaya
nama:

> " Insure and Be Secure!"
>
> There is a unique form of Insurance which our Acharyas have long
held out to us, which has any number of unique features which our
modern day companies can never hold a candle to. For an extremely
negligible premium, this contract offers us not only the pot of the
gold at the end of the rainbow, but the rainbow itself. If you are
interested in this priceless product, please read on.

Dear Sri Sadgopan Iyengar,

Very interesting comparison of insurance policies and 'prappati',
indeed! Thank you.

There is only question on my mind. I wonder if the 'prappati' policy
also has the facility of 'nomination'. How nice it would be to know
that after one's demise all the benefits accruing from one's act
of 'prappati' will automatically go to one's survivors! Dying would
be a little less difficult for us when we know that, no matter what
happens, our children/kith and kin would be definitely entitled to
the 'Sum Assured'... which in this case, as we know, is 'sriyah-pati
Srimann NarAyaNanE'.

The AzhwAr once sang that the Lord was "kattUNNa perumAyan" ... "He
That is completely secured to us"! I guess 'prappati' is the
insurance policy through which the 'sum assured' is secured
('kattUNNa-paduthal') by us for ourselves in this life and for our
survivors too long after we are no more!

If the above were true, I suppose Madhura-kavi was an excellent
insurance salesman!

Thanks for a good write-up,

Regards,
dAsan,