You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00014 Oct 2005

SrI:

Dear All :

A serious effort is being made by a team of us to create a central site to
identify , register and print various VaishNavite Source literature ,
which might  be languishing / vegetating in private houses
of Acharyans and Scholars .

For instance , many Jeeyars of Ahobila Matam have blessed us
with their Sri Sookthis (Divine Books ) . Many of them are in
the format of Palm leaves document or books on acid paper . These rare
perishable
treasures that need to be brought to light and published or stored digitally
.

To that extent , Sriman Sriram has created the following web site
which can be useful to "unearth" as it were books and TaaLa Kosams
that may be hiding in " the attics " . We need your cooperation to locate
them , borrow them , scan them and return them . Some might get printed .

In parallel , we are trying to complete the project that we started (viz) to
scan
the pages of Sri Nrusimha PriyA issues going back to the year of its
founding ,
1942 by HH InjimEttu Srimath Azhagiya Singar . Before that , there was a
journal
by the name of VedAntha Dheepikai , where the articles of AchAryans and
Scholars
appeared regularly  .We would like to locate them as well .

The URL for your use for registry of these treasures is :

http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia/cgi-bin/manuscripts

Let me illustrate the situation with the Granthams created by One Azhagiya
Singar :

PillaipAkkam Srimath Azhagiya Singar ( March 1845-Dec 16 , 1899 C.E)
He ascended the AchArya Peetam on Jan 31, 1899 and reigned until Dec 16 ,
1899 ,
barely ten and half months . He was a well known Scholar before and spent
most of HIs time in and around ThiruveLLUr performing Kamkaryams for
Sri Vasumathy SamEtha Sri Vaidhya VeerarAghava PerumAl .

He blessed us with 26 Sri  Sookthis . Some are tributes to PoorvAchAryAs
and dhivya dEsa EmperumAns :

(1) VedAntha Desika Vaibha Chandrika ,

(2) Aadhi VaNN SaThakOpa YathIndhra Vaibhava chandrika ,

(3) AchArya Sapthathy

(4) YathirAja BhOga: ( Sri PerumpUthUr VaLLal)

(5) GhOshtinATa Sthava: ( ThirukkOttiyUr PerumAL)

Some of the others are difficult Saasthra Granthams :

6) VedAntha KOusthubha Saaram

7) MakAra RakshA

8) NyAya SiddhAnjana grantha gandha:

9) VAADHA TARANGINEE (  I am fortunate to have a copy of this grantham)

10) arkaLa panchakam  .

Sixteen more granthams were bequeathed to us by HH PiLLaipAkkam
Azhagiya Singar .

We have to find out who has these copies and where these are .

The Manuscript/Book Registry should be of help in this context .

Soon , adiyEn will list  all the books known to have been written by
all the Azhagiya  Singars . Some of the Azhagiya Singars concentrated only
on
KaalakshEpams . Others were prolific in writing .

Please remember paper came in to use for wriitng and printing
only around 1850 C.E. in India .

AdiyEn is positive  that there are significant libraries at ParakAla Matam ,
Poundarikapuram Andavan Aaasramam and PeriyAsramam , Purisai
Swamigal's ThirumALikai , UtthamUr Swamy's ThirumALikai and VaanamAmalai
Matam Jeeyar's library , MadhurAnthakam School Library et al .

We have to catalog them and start the process of bringing to light these
treasures
for the benefit of future generations . A team of devotees are needed to
gain
momentum . Please contact me for additional details . Thanks .

Our plans are to release the first batch of these Sri Sookthis in Decmber ,
2006 ,
the grand occasion of the 80th birthday of the Prakrutham Azhagiya Singar
at SelayUr Sri Matam .

adiyEn seeks your participation in this significant project .

Daasan , Oppiliappan KOil V.Sadagopan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM