You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00138 Oct 2005

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy Thirumangai AzhwAr's Periya
Thirumozhi.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of ignorance
(a~jnAnam) with his word and who destroys the Kali
dhOsham.

theriYenpaalaganaayp palatheemaigaLseydhumittEn,
periyEnaayina pin pirarkkEyuzhaitthEzhaiyaanEn,
karisErpoombozhilsoozh kanamaamalaivEngkadavaa!,
ariyE! vanNdhadainNdhEn adiyEnaiyaatkoNdaruLE.
1.9.7

7. Oh Lord of ThiruvEmkatam, surrounded by most
beautiful gardens roamed by elephants! Oh Strongest
Lion like EmperumaanE! I have committed enormous
numerous sins, without my knowledge when I was young;
After I grew up, I lived (and worked) for others
(women) and have become poor (in my jnAnam and
vivEkam)! Now adiyEn has reached You. Please save me
and take me over to You as Your eternal servant. (Here
"yEzhaiyaanEn" means not materially poor; i.e. being
equipped with great wealth is not being rich; only the
realization of our relationship with the Lord is being
aware of our richness. That's the reason AzhwAr also
starts Periya Thirumozhi- "vaadinEn"- means:  I have
been fading in my life, though I have been a king!).

The Lord appeared to have asked the AzhwAr : how can
say that the sareeram is so rotten and useless. It is
meant to house your jeevan and you need to make use of
the limbs and paets for kaimkaryam. Vaay avanai allaal
maRRonRum thozhaa.

AzhwAr replies: exactly. I have not been doing.
Thatâ??s why I am suffering in samsaaric afflictions.
Lord says: You were a child and did not know; then you
were youth; hence it is ok.
AzhwAr says: No. Lakshamana was born a kaimkaryasree..
LakshamanO Lakshmi Sampanna: Prahada achieved bhakti
at the age of five. Dhruvan is another example. So,
childhood does not mean that we can while away our
time. One should be blessed. Hence I wasted my child
hood. Youth- I had committed lots of sins; While
adulthood- I worked only for others and became poor.
[We may wonder- if we work for others, it is selfess
service. Why is it wrong? Why does AzhwAr say?- He
means: I had worked for those young women whom I had
fallen forâ?¦ and wasted my wealth, age.. and became
poor. I have not been blessed with spiritual wealth.
Hence poor.  Now I have come to You. Please save me.

Similar is echoed in Thirumangai AzhwArâ??s
Oppiliappan pasurams: vaeNdaen maNavaazhkkai viNNagar
meyavanae!

saathalum piRaththalu menRivaRRaik kaathalsey yaathuna
kazhaladainthEn,
Othalsey naanmaRai yaakiyumbar aathalsey moovuru
vaanavanE!,
aaNdaay unaik kaaNbathO raruLenak karuLuthiyEl
vENdEnmanai vaazhkkaiyai viNNagar mEyavanE!  (Periya
Thirumozhi 6.1.9)

(An excellent one!) saadhalum piRatthalum enRu
ivaRRai/ kaadhal seyyadhu un kazhal adaindhEn.. Oh
EmperumaanE! The One who is the Nirvaahakan of four
Vedas; who is the sarIrI of Brahmaa, Indran and Sivan
(the greatest trio of Devas) et al..! Realizing the
birth and death vicious cycles, and the endlessness of
that, with no further desire (for future births), I
have held on to Your Feet! Please grant me the bliss
of seeing You and let me be blessed with Your
darshan.! Oh Lord of ViNNagaram!  (I) Donâ??t want
this samsaaric affliction.

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://farechase.yahoo.com

Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM