You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00029 Oct 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

There may be some who praise the Lord and can be
better and grander than Ramanuja? why do I say that
there is none equal to Ramanuja? aDiyaarkku ennai
Atpaduttha vimalan- says ThiruppaaNaazhwaar. He is the
One who has enslaved me to the devotees of the Lord
RanganAthan. I am the servant of servant of His
servant; I am the dust at the feet of Bhagawathas..
Says Kulasekara azhwaar. Ramanuja strictly follows
these wonderful esoteric statements of AzhwArs? and
consider Himself as BhAgawatha dAsar. He alone is thus
the Grandest and the Peerless One. There is none equal
to him. EmperumAnAr considers these Bhaagawathaas as
bandhus. In this world, for me, there is NONE equal to
him at all. In this matter, I am not an anjnAni [do
not have wrong knowledge or lack of knowledge]

maRRoru pERu mathiyaathu, arangan malaratikkaaL
uRRava rEthanak kuRRava raaykkoLLum uththamanai
nNaRRavar pORRum iraamaa Nnuchanaiyin^ naanilaththE
peRRanan peRRapin maRRaRi yEnoru pEthaimaiyE. 57

Utthama purushar- Srivaishnavas consider only serving
the Beautiful ParamabhOgya Lotus feet of Sri
RanganAthan of Sri Rangam, and nothing else. They
consider only such like minded Bhagawathas as their
relation and companion. They consider only SaraNAgathy
tatvam (doctrine of surrender) as the only dharmam
that needs to be followed. Emperumaanaar- Sri
Ramanujacharya is praised wholeheartedly by such great
Sri vaishnavas, for his greatest merciful nature and
kalyANA guNAs. I am not so stupid and foolish to think
that there is something or someone else that I should
take refuge at than what I am presently blessed with-
the Bhagyam of having Sri Ramanuja with me. That
foolishness shall not bloom in me. Not any more.

maRu oru pERu madhiyaadhu- Not considering any other
goal as the Ultimate one to be attained [other than]
arangan malaradikku- the fresh bloomed red Lotus feet
of Lord RanganAthan
aaL utravarae- those [BhAgawathAs] who associate
themselves with these lotus feet
thanakku utravar aa koLLum- utthamanai- are considered
as the close relation by this GRANDEST One
naRRavar pORRum Iraamaanusanai- Ramanuja who is
praised by these bhAgawathaas [who are mentioned
above];
e naal nilatthae peRRanan- blessed to be with him- who
is the only BEST ONE in this four parts of vast world
[kuRinji, marudham, meydhal, mullai]
maRRu oru pEdhaimai aRiyEn- I would not have any other
thought against this.. [and if I have that, that would
be foolish of me].

This reminds me of Madhurakavi AzhwAr?s anbanaay
adiyEn sadhirtthEn inRE..
[from Nampillai and Namjeeyar VyAkhyAnams from Sri TCA
Venkatesan?s wonderful postings]
adiyEn:
Madhurakavi Azhvar used the words naan and en (me and
mine) during the time when he coveted his body and
soul, but now that he has gained the true knowledge he
states adiyEn.

sathirththEn inRE:
Madhurakavi Azhvar states that reaching the Lord does
not complete the journey; reaching Nammazhvar is what
completes the journey. He prides in the fact that his
journey is now complete because he who was attached to
several other things is now attached to Nammazhvar.
Madhurakavi Azhvar has exemplified the notion of
calling one's acharya as complete (nambi/pUrna) and
calling one's self as adiyEn (in their service).

EmperumAnAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan