You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00040 Sep 2001

Sep 2001 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavathaas,
AdiyEn's two cents on the ongoing discussions on the NY tragedy and
observations like"God can only love, he ought to love in terms of preventing
diasters too....etc".

Trying to understand God based on a few vAkyam from Sri Bhagavad Geetha or
selective reading of Shruthis/PramAnas is very very difficult, and more
importantly trying to apply that understanding to justify events is even more
difficult, especially when acts of Anaathi Karma of ours, leave alone others,
is unknown to us, but known to the supreme. Also we are living in Leela
Viboothi, where Bhagavan's Leela(especially natural diasters like floods,
drought, earthquakes, volcanos, epidemic) is not so easy to be fathomed(that
reminds AdiyEn, often we do not notice the things that make us happy, which
also happen only by Bhagavad Sankalpam/KatAksham).

So as several Bhagavathaas pleaded, we can pray the Divya Dhampathis for global
welfare, in times like this("LOkA Samastha SukinO BhavanthU").

For those who really want to understand God, our relationship to him/other
entities and how to reach him, the easy recourse is to seek-understand-follow a
Sri Vaishnava Acharya and undergo Pancha Samskaaram, learn at his feet the
great works(Rahasya, KAlakshEpa) like Sri Bhashya, Sri VEdartha Sangraham,
Srimad Rahasya Traya Saaram, Chillarai Rahasyam etc and develop our
understanding and this would lead us to happiness on earth and eternal
happiness, by our act of SaranAgathi(Prapathi or Bhaara Nyaasam).

AdiyEn Sri RAmAnuja DAsan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi