You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00112 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaisnavas,

After having bowed down to Acharya Sriman nAthamuni
and also the Sage Paraasarar, SrI NammAzhwAr,
obtaining their Blessings, Sri Alavandhar begins his
sthOthrams. Vedaantha artthams [Upanishadic truths]
are to be housed in these verses.

yan moordhni mE sruthi sirassu cha bhaati yasmin
asman manOratha patha: sakalas samEti:
sthOshyAmi na: kuladhanam kuladaivatham
tat paadhaaravindham aravindha vilOchanasya

The lotus Feet- which is on my head; and on the head
of Vedas; at which pair, all our desires, thoughts in
our mind congregate; - to that lotus feet of the Lord-
who is the greatest treasures of our lineage; who is
Kula deivam [the Lord of our Kulam]- I commence my
praise and offer my sthOthras to those Lotus feet
hereby.

By bowing down to the acharyas, sages, azhwArs,
studying, analysing and realising along with
recitation of Vedas and Upanishads (which were better
understood with the AzhwAr, Acharya SrI Sookthis], I
am blessed to find that I am eternally a sEsha bhUthan
to the red lotus eyed Lord Sriya: Pathi Sriman
Narayanan and thus bow down to His Lotus feet. Having
considered Him thus as sEshi [Master] at all times, I
have adorned my head with His Lotus Feet to declare my
sEshathvam to Him;

Alavandhar enjoys: aahaaa.. what a sowlabhyam!
[stooping down so low to adorn my head] as His Lotus
Feet are the object of the highest Truths- Upanishads
and Vedas; His Feet are there in those greatest Vedas
and Unpaishads and also are on my head; This is
similar to ?namakkum poovin misai nangaikkum inban  ?
by nammAzhwAr..  Thus my siras [head] is equal to
Vedas and Upanishads; He was found in Vedas; stood
clearly first in Upanishads only to come to my head
and stand; Thus my head is even better than
Upanishads- SrI UttamUr Swamu enjoys. Because I had
learnt the Upanishadic truths along with the AzhwAr,
Acharya srI sookthis and UpabrahmaNams.. And hence
grander; also who is my head; My Acharya and hence it
is definitely greater;

Vedas can utter and mention; But can not enjoy Him; my
head can not only adorn His feet; it can enjoy the
glories and beauty of Lotus feet.  Now after having
come to my feet, I am able to enjoy Him and His lotus
feet.. where all the thoughts went before, in what all
directions; now all of them have converged due to the
blessings of Sriman nAThamuni and of my mAtha, pithaa?
the feet of NammAzhwAr. Hence, all my desires now have
been fulfilled and Now I am blessed to have all my
thoughts converged into the lotus feet of the Lord.
Now my thoughts would not jump anywhere else; Not only
for me; for everyone [after being blessed by
NammAzhwAr]; Thus to get to these Lotus Feet- the
wealth, what is the way? What is the means? The Lotus
Feet themselves; It is the treasure for our Kulam;
Sriman Narayanan alone is the Kula dhanam for us; He
is the Kula deivam; the Lord of our Kulam [Vaishnava
kulam]; Hence He is the upAyam; One who has wealth
enjoys; We are blessed with the greatest treasure and
thus we always enjoy; one can get anything from
wealth; But to get to Paramadham, one needs to pray to
Deivam [the Lord]; Even that Lord is He; Thus He is
the dhanam as well as the Deivam; He has been our Lord
for the entire kulam of ours. He grants Himself to us;
thannitthandha kaRpakam; He is the bhOgyam; Parama
bhOgyam; Beuacse He is aravidham; He is the forest of
all lotus flowers; His eyes are lotus; His face is
lotus ; His hands [palms] are lotus; His navel is
lotus; His feet are lotus; The bees hum and reach Him
thinking that He is the lotus pond.

The moment my words of praise reach His Feet, His red
lotus eyes should bloom slowly like a fresh flower; I
am going to fill the sthOthras with all proof and
pramANams; I am placing His Feet on my head ? and as a
prapannan I am composing these sthOthraas; I had sang
PiraaTTi sthothram [chathuslokI] ? prapanna ithi cha
sthOshyaami?. Similarly here, I perform Saranagathi at
His Feet, keeping His feet on my head- in order to
complete this sthOthras which I am commencing. He
needs to accept the same gracefully. Why I am not
worhsipping Him and instead praying to His Feet?- one
may wonder. It is identical to AzhwAr?s declaring in
the very first verse- thuyar aRu sudar adi thozhudhu
yezhu? [The feet that would remove the affliction- bow
down to Them ? the pair of feet] Paramanadi paadi? He
is Swami; we are His dAsars; Thus starting the
sthOthras at His Feet; Though I am going to describe
and enjoy Him fully in this sthOthra, this sthOthra is
to His Feet as He is my Swami?

Alavandhar   ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana