You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00120 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaisnavas,

When Thirukkurugaik kaavalappan was in his dhyAnam,
Alavandhar had gone to his ashramam to prostrate at
his feet; Since he had eyes closed and was in deep
meditation, he stood along with few others who had
also assembled there; KaNNan who was blessing
Thirukkurugaik kaavalappan with His dhivya darshan
turned his Thirumukham (face) to Alavandhar and
blessed Him with His kataaksham. Having seen that,
Kavalappar opened his eyes, and asked the people [who
had assembled]: Is there anyone here from Sottaikulam-
meaning Sriman Nathamuni kulam? [as KaNNan favours
that kulam for their unalloyed devotion to Him];
Immediately, Alavandhar fell at his feet.. ?adiyEn?.
When such a person from such a great kulam starts his
sthOthras, KaNNan immediately shows His swaroopa,
roopa, guNas in full entirety to Sri Alavandhar.
Alavandhar saw BrahmA, Rudra getting stumbled in their
praising Him; where am I- and he hesitates.

tattvEna yasya mahimaarNava seekarANu:
sakyO na maathum api sarva pithAmahAdyai:
karthu tadheeya mahimasthuthim udyathaaya
mahyam namOsthu kavayE nirapathrapaaya- 7th verse

whose ocean of kalyANa guNas, glories and Supremacy-
even the minutest portion of a droplet of which- can
not be fully [even that drop] measured truly and
uttered, praised by the likes of Rudran, Chathumukha
brahmA, et al. and is difficult for them, and I am
attempting to sing shamelessly at the greatness of
Lotus feet of such Supreme Lord and my obeisance to
me? [to this poet- who exhibits such rash attempt].
Let other people as well tease, mock and perform tease
namaskaram at my brash attempt.

viswAchAryaa: vidhi sivamukhA: - The chathurmukha
brahmA, Rudra are all first Acharyas. Had they not
taught others, who would have known and learnt the
Vedas and saasthrAs? Even if they all assemble
together, and collectively praise [and even if I am
with them], even a fraction of a droplet of the ocean
of Your glories, they [and I] can not do justice and
complete that fraction. When such is the case, without
feeling ashamed of my brazen attempt, I am trying to
praise You. Knowing that this is wrong and not
appropriate, I am not even ashamed. The world laughs
at me and still I do not feel shameful; namaskaram to
my daring, shameless attempt.

Even if others tease, I am still not getting any shame
and continue to praise. Even if it is not coming out
to be praise for Him, still let it continue. The
tongue is not in my control. Not even me.. I am not in
my control. All are His control. Even if there is any
punishment for this act, still, I do dare enter into
the same. I perform namaskram to my attempt. But my
composition would not stop.

Alavandhar ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana