You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00159 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

The Most compassionate Lord- You- would bless me soon
with your grace; and hence I ? the most deserving for
Your grace as I am least qualified to praise You- am
very much blessed and hence eligible to praise You.

kimchaisha saktyathisayEna na thEnukampya:
sthOthA(S)pithu sthuthi kruthEna parisramENa:
tatra sramasthu sulabhO mama mandha buddhE:
ityudyamO(S)yam uchithO mama chApjanEthra:

Further, this praiser (the one who is praising) with
this opportunity to praise You now- is not getting
qualified to receive Your grace; Also, with the
strenuous effort and skills that is required to
praise; and the desire to fade with tiredness- this
dull headed one- and least strong one- [who will get
tired soon]- with the only reason that [with the able
[dis]qualifications] I would get this task completed
easily [with Your grace] and hence the praise is most
eligible for me ? much more than others [who are
little bit more capable to praise You that I am and
hence..]

In other words, this verse implies: Moreover, this
praiser ? composer ? deserves to be pitied by You; as
I lack the poetical talent, composing skills and hence
needs to be blessed by You; exertion is thus quite
natural to me and I would get exerted soonest. I am
dull headed and hence even the little skill (if any)
would fade away; Oh lotus eyed Lord! My praise is
hence meaningful as I can bank upon You for receiving
Your grace to complete the task- and the dayA and
anukampA, which- I can rely on completely which will
get this task done (as this task is beyond my
capacity).

Though here Alavandhar refers that -I too (as per the
word mamacha..) ; Still the meaning that ?I alone?
{more than others} makes the enjoyment more enjoyable
and hence Sri PVP Pillai and Swamy Desikan comments
the same as I alone more than others deserve praising
You more as I am dull headed and get exerted faster.
If one says- both are correct; then the I too- is
already touched upon in past verse (8th) and hence
this verse is superfluous. Hence I alone is the best
meaning ? one can analyse and arrive at Sri UttamUr
Swamy enjoys.

Thus, having heard Alavandhar commencing
uninterruptedly, the Lord showers him with His dayA by
widely opening His red lotus eyes and blesses Him with
His kataaksham; and hence Alavandhar addresses Him as
abja nEthrA? Thus it is best for me to start as I am
being blessed by You and it is equally best for You to
shower me with Your dayA as there is no one else more
qualified..

Alavandhar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana