You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00199 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sri Vaishnavites,

Its been a long time, almost 30 years, I am seeing my mother doing
this. In one of the Saturday in Purattasi tamil month, early morning
she gets-up and start preparing the flour for Mavilakku. Since the
Mavilakku is lit, until full ghee is consumed (at the end we call it
as 'Perumal Malayerum vaibhavam'), it is all very sacred moment. As
always, it happened last Saturday morning as well.

Can any one of the learned bhagavadhas explain the thathparyam behind
this.

Adiyen,
Ravi

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM