You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00025 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

TIRU ANBIL DWAJASTHAMBAM KAINKARYAM
TRIP  TO INDIA FROM 05/192006 to 08/27/2006 ? PART 2

7th June 2006: Wedding at Bangalore:
We left for Bangalore by Brindavan Express on 6th June 2006 to attend the
wedding of my Samabandi?s second daughter on 7th June 2006 and returned to
Chennai by Deccan Airways on 9th June 2006.

14th June 2006: Visited Sri Parthasarathi Swami Koil at Tiru allik keni:
This was a memorable visit. As there was not much of a crowd, it was
possible to have a close up Ekanta Seva of Lord Venkatakrishnan along with
his family members (Rukmini, Balaraman, Saatyaki, Pradhyumnan, and
Aniruddhan). This is the only Divyadesam where the Lord sports a moustache
as per the custom of charioteers.

15th June 2006: Visit to Kanchipuram and Thooppul:
As usual, Sri T.C. Shrinivasan, Advocate, Member, BAC of ?Sri Ranga Sri? and
Editor of ?Sri Hayagriva Priya? kindly gave us his gracious company. Sri D.
Narayanan, member, SRS (who also resides in Ambattur, Chennai) drove us in
his car. We had excellent Darsanam of Sri Varadaraajap PerumaaL, Sri
Chakrathaazhwar and PerundEvi Thaayaar at Kaanchipuram. We visited Thooppul
Swami Desikan Sannidhi and the Koil of Sri Deepaprakaasap PerumaaL at
Thooppul and had an equally memorable Darsanam.

16th June 2006: Vadaimaalai and VeNNaikaappu to Bank AnjanEyar:
Normally, it is very difficult to get a date for offering Vadaimaalai and
VeNNaikaappu to Bank AnjanEyar. Since, we are regular devotees, the
Administrative authorities accepted our request to offer them on 20th June
2006.

21st June 2006: Father?s Sraddham, at Ahobila MaTam, Triplicane:
I used to perform in India the annual Sraddham of my father and mother
falling in the successive months of Aani and AaDi respectively. This was
done at Ahobila MaTam at Car Street, Triplicane. Sri Sundaravaradan Swami,
Priest in charge conducted the ceremony satisfactorily as per the Saastras.
Left for Srirangam/ Tiru Anbil.

22nd June 2006: Visit to Tiru Anbil for checking measurements:
As already mentioned, H.H. deputed Sri Seshadri Swamin, Manager of the
Asramam for verification of the accuracy of measurements for the Dwaja
sthambam at Tiru Anbil. Along with Sri Karuppaiah Achaari, we went to Tiru
Anbil, for on-the spot verification of the correctness of measurements and
returned to Srirangam Asramam to submit our report to H.H. who directed the
Achaari to expedite his work. The ?General work order? No.1724/1415/D7 dated
12th June 2006 for the Dwaja sthambam work issued by the Joint Commissioner
/ Executive Officer, Sri Ranganatha Swamy etc. Temple was received right in
time.

25th June 2006: Trip to Coimbatore and Guruvayoor:
On the night of 24th June, left for Coimbatore to meet with Sri Sadagopan
Iyengar, Srikaryam Swami of ?Sri Ranga Sri?. On arrival at past midnight, I
was received by Mrs. Sripriya, Sister of Smt. Srinitya Krishnan Swami, our
SRS member in Atlanta. As 25th Sunday was Amavasya day, after performing
Amavasya tarpaNam, at Sripriya?s residence, I left for Sri Sadagopan
Iyengar?s place. He
and his family accompanied me to Guruvayoor by Cab. We reached around 1.30
pm when the ?NaDai? was closed for a short while as is the practice from
1.00 pm to 4.00 pm. When the ?NaDai? was opened we wereallowed to have
Darsanam of Lord Guruvaathapureesan. We had an eye filling leisurely
Darsanam in spite of the milling crowd of devotees.

26th June 2006: Visited Sri Narayana Iyengar and Sri Ramaratnam:
Most of you will be familiar with Sri Narayana Iyengar Swami who was working
as Priest in Cleveland Temple, Ohio. He is the Poorvaasrama Putran of
Srirangam Koil Jeeyar Swami. You will remember how he performed Sudarsana
Homam at my daughter?s place in Cleveland. This gentleman had a heart attack
on the very night he returned from India to Cleveland. After being in the
ICU for a while, he went back to India and was staying in Coimbatore. He is
still on leave there. I advised him to chant the famous ?Dhanvantari
Mantram?. He says that thanks to the Mantram, he has been completely cured
and is now ready to fly to USA and resume his job! But,, as his ?Advance
Parole? had expired and his application for Green card is pending, he is
awaiting clearance of the same. We wish that he joins us sooner than later.

This day, I also met with Sri Ramaratnam Swami, a member of SRS who lives in
the same complex as that of Sri Sadagopan Iyengar Swami at Coimbatore. He is
connected with a farm producing organic vegetables. He explained with gusto
about his mammoth efforts in rearing this farm and it was not only
interesting but also inspiring. He is also connected with lot of temple
kainkaryams.

28th June 2006: Copper sheets purchased and dispatched to Trichy:
On receipt of the work order, the Copper sheets as per the specifications
provided by the Achaari were purchased and the load was shipped by truck
from Chennai to Trichy immediately. Receipt of delivery was acknowledged by
the Achaari in a couple of days. Simultaneously, a check was sent to the
Achaari by way of advance to commence the job in right earnest!