You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00107 Sep 2008

Sep 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Here is a short summary of swami's out pouring in Boston Sri
Mahalakshmi temple.

Our Sri-vaishnavam has clear defined roles for Him, Her and
ourselves."Sri"-always come first as in Srinivasan or Thiru maal..He
is unfailing means for liberation.. He is UpAya-means to take us all
towards Him..Sadhana vuAyams are karma, gjana and bakthi
yogam..Saadhya upAya is He himself..We should perform sarannaagathi--
puhal ontrum ellaathaal vun adi keezl puhuntheyn -yentru..

.He is full of VAtsalya-like the cow cleaning all  malam,
moothram,raththam etc from the calf just born, by its mouth ..Only
after knowing that He hasthis vAtsalyam in abundance , we will not be
afraid to approach Him with all our heaps of sins,since He will
surely show us parental compassion.

He is full of Souseelya-just as Rama counted Guhan, Sugreevan  and
Vibeeshannan as His brothers along with Lakshmanan, Baradan and
Shadrugnan..He is magnanimous to mix with lowly people like us.

..He is Swaami-complete owner of all of us ..He will go to any extend
to restore all His properties..That is why He created saastras,our
limbs..but if we mis use them, He will  LOSE hIS SLEEP constantly
stand as in Thirumalai and try to win over all of us back into His
fold.

..He is full os sowlabhya-easy access..

..But all these kalyaanna gunnangall are masked by His  Svatanrya-
unquesitionable independance or will..Just as sea water with lot of
salt is not drinkable...The rule books are shastras and vedas..He
will abide by these.He will punish the sinners as per the rule.

..Here is the need for the mediator..Sri  Mahalakshmi plays this role
effectively.She enjoys the role of PurushakAra..Purusham karOti iti
purushakAra-one who moulds a purusha and makes him behave so..She
does this for both jivAtma and paraAtma..Nammai arullaal
thiruthukiraall..avanai anbaal thiru thukiraall.She corrects us by
Her maternal  compassion and Him by Her love..

..Puru bahu sanOti ii purusha-one who grants abundantly is a
purusha..He does that for most of the times..But when we sin, and do
not go by the scriptures,He does not grand us--and hence needs Her to
make Him as Purusha once again.She pleads by reminding the intimate
relationship between ParamAtma  and jeevAtma..She expalains the
responsibility of Him being the creator..If this does not work-
Avanai  anbaal thiruthum..she corrects Him by her beauty..Since He is
in mad love with Her,He immediately accepts and forgives our
sins..She also tells Him that if people are all  are virtuous they
have no need to come to Him..If they have sinned, since they are  His
creations, He need to take respnsibility and correct them and then
accept them.

..We all jeevAmas are all purushas..He is purushothaman..In our case
the definition -one who takes a lead towards Him is a Purusha..If we
falls back in going towards Him and get immersed in mandane
materialistic world,we fail to be a purusha.. She ,with Her mercy
mends us and makes us intereted in Him..Sita piraatti advised even
the crual  Ravanna to fall at Rama's feet so thar he will be pardoned.

..Thus she is a bridge between us and Him as in Omkara-
a=narayaNa..u=lakshmi.and ma=jeevAtma..We can see thisphysically  at
Srivilli puthoor  Divya Shedram in Renga mannar, Anndaal and Garudan -
all sharing the same manndabam..Rama-Sita-Lakshmanan  all three
walking in the forest is also another example of Omkaram itself
walking..

.Sri -thus has six differant types of role to play ..1.srayatE-she
resorts to bhagavan..2.srIyate-she is resorted to by all..3.srnOn-
listens to our plea..4.srAvayati-she makes baghavan listen..5-srnAti-
she destroys our sins.. and.. 6-srInati-reaches us to paramatma..This
is the reason for the name kamalA--ka mou IAti iti kamalA-one who
restores the lost JivA to its rightful owner and vice versa..It is
like a barter trade.

..She resides in a separate sanctum-Thani Kovil Naatchiyaar..She is
also by the sida of Him-Vubaya Naatchiyaars-Sridevi and Boodevi by
the two sides of Him ..She is also on His chest..As soon as we recite
all our sins to Her-maraikkaamal, marukkaamal, marakkaamal-and by the
time we do pradakshinnam and reach Him,she beginsto perform  her
job...she continues to do so when we reach Him and also tells Him in
His ears.This is the reason for us to go through  Acharayas,
Aazlvaars,Garuda  to  Thaayaar Sannithi first and then proceed to Him.

..SaranAgaty is to be done first to Her and then to Him..Raamanuja
chose panguni utharam to do so and plead for all of us in his
gadyam..Soorpanahai chose to go to Him first and lost her nose and
breasts.Raavanna chose to go to her only and lost hid head.
Kaakasuran, even though did more abachaarams than Raavanna escaped
because of their joint presense during his  sarannagathi..

..Her forgiveness goes far beyond that of His. Recall Sita piraatti
forgiving all rakshasIs even without them doing
sarannagathi.Anjeneyar gave the victory news to Sita..She said she
wanted to give some thing in return for all the help Siriya thiruvadi
did..unfortunately she is not either in her father's place or in her
father-in-law'splace.She still asked what would he like. He only
wanted her permission to crash the rAkshasIs.She replied that since
he was not born in eshvahu kulam, he does not know about
sarannagathi..She said there is none without any blemish..He wanted
to know what way Rama, himself and she can be considered as sinners.
She replied that Rama made her separate and toil for ten
monthes.Hanumaan did not know about forgiveness.Her sin was that she
had to speak about Rama's sin to a third person 1..

.Only Her presence in Him makes Him behave normally. Vali remarks
that because Sita was not with Rama, he was killed from the back.Her
divine kadaasham grants  all eisvaryangall namely 1.rati-love,2.mati-
wisdom,3.sarasvati-silver tongue,4.dhrti-steadfastness,5.samrddhi-
abendance,6.siddhi-accomplishment and 7.sri-wealth.

..She is always in union with Him.. She was Sita when He was Rama,
Rukmini whwn He was Krishna.Sarannagathi can be done at any place, in
any time,by anyone and succeeds only in her presence.It never
fails .Hence she is always with Him...JJust as diamond is glorified
by its lustre,but lustre is not independant--and Just as fragrance in
flower -Sri Mahalakshmi to Perumal.

..Ahalagillen iraiyum enru alarmEl mangai urai marba..niharil
puhazhAi ulaham mUntru udayAi ennai ALvAnE..nigaril amarar
munikkanangal virumbum thiruvEngadathAne..puhal onru illA adiyEn un
adikkIzh amarndu puhundEnE..

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: