You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00116 Sep 2008

Sep 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimatE rAmAnujAya nama:

Dear bhAgavathAs,

A bhAgavathA wanted to clarify a couple of question on
Sri VisishtAdvaitha philosophy. Please help him clarify.

One of this friends asked these questions and he responded
as follows but wanted to get scholarly opinion. I posting these
questions on behalf of him.

-----

1.  Can jivatma occupy several bodies at the same time?

My reply to him was clearly not, because only Brahman can have the
power to occupy many bodies at the same time.  Otherwise, it would
contradict Visitadvaita vedanta.  Am I correct?  I would appreciate if
you or other scholars in this field can answer this question.

2.  Can a jivatma have access to other jivatma's mind?
That is, can one jivatma know what the other jivatma is thinking?

My reply is no.  If it were so, the plurality of jivatmas will lose all
indviduality and end up as one atman, which will again contradict
Visitadvaia vedanta.  Am I correct in this reponse?  Again, I would
like to have scholarly opinion on this subject.

-----

adiyEn
rAmasAmy rAmAnuja dAsan

Home Page