You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Oct 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00128 Oct 2003

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.05 / ISSUE # 01 dated 5th October 2003
Dear Bhagavatas:
EDITORIAL
7th ANNUAL REPORT OF SWAMI DESIKA DARSANA SATSANGAM (SDDS) & 3rd ANNUAL REPORT OF ?SRI RANGA SRI?(SRS), ITS ELECTRONIC JOURNAL
Today is Subanu Samvatsara, Kanya Maasa, SravaNa Nakshatram.
Today, we celebrate the Tirunakshatram of Tiruvenkatam Udaiyan.
Today, we celebrate the Tirunakshatram of Swami Vedanta Desikan.
Today, we celebrate the Tirunakshatram of BrahmaTantra Swatatantra Parakala Maha Desikan (the founder of Sri Parakala Matam)
Today we celebrate Vijaya Dasami.
Such an auspicious day also marks -
- the 7th Anniversary of ?Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam?(SDDS) (founded in 1996) and
- the 3rd Anniversary of ?Sri Ranga Sri?, its Electronic journal (founded in 2000)
- the 1st Anniversary of the formation of Board of Advisory Consultants (BAC)for ?Sri Ranga Sri? (in 2002)
- on the Tirunakshatram day in the respective years.
- An ?Internal Resources Panel for SRS? (IRP) was also formed subsequently consisting of distinguished members of SRS.

SRIVAISHNAVAM TODAY!
Way back in the 1980s during my first visit to the USA, whenever I mentioned the word ?Hinduism?, the first response of the Westerner (and even our own people who had lost their moorings to our traditions having settled here for long, not to speak of kids born and brought up here without an iota of exposure to our Satsampradayam) was ?Oh! I know. You are talking about Buddha?. These people did not know that Hinduism and Buddhism were poles apart.

The next best bet was ?Oh! I know! You are talking about Adhi Sankara?. This second category seems to have closer familiarity with?Hinduism?, thanks to aggressive marketing of vested interests, equating Hindu philosophy with just the Advaita philosophy.

In the last few years, however, world populations have come to know about our great Acharyas like Bhagavad Ramanuja and Swami Desika as formidable forces to be reckoned with, recognized and revered.

A very heartening news is that people who never ever heard of these names before now come together to celebrate Acharya Vaibhavam Conferences in different cities (and temples, in particular) especially in USA, Bahrain, Kuwait, England, Indonesia, Singapore and other places on the Tirunakashatram days of these Acharyas besides participating in the study of Vedas, Saastras, StOtras and Azhwars? Divya Prabhandams etc. organized by different SrivaishNava groups.

This is in no small measure due to the efforts of these various SrivaishNava groups that have been straining every nerve to disabuse false impressions and familiarize them with the life histories and works of these great Savants and the lineage of Acharyas of Sri VaishNava Satsampradayam to which they belong.

We are happy to submit that we at SDDS and SRS have been doing our little bit in this direction, like the proverbial squirrel in Srimad RamayaNa.

It is understood that there are a few kshEtrams where the Vigrahams of Bhagavad Ramanuja and / or Swami Desika have not been installed. It is our pious wish that efforts were taken to identify such kshEtrams and consecrate Vigrahams. This would be a great kainkaryam to these Achaaryas.
Any takers?

Also, every Bhaagavata should acquire small vigrahams of these Achaaryas (not more than 4" to 6? inches in height) for keeping in their Pooja rooms for daily worship, (if this has not been done already).
Any takers?

May Bhagavad Ramanuja and Swami Desika bless that this trend grows from strength to strength in the days ahead and result in the phenomenal growth of Aastikyam, everywhere.
GROWTH OF MEMBERS OF SRI RANGA SRI
Thanks to the blessings of YathisrEshTas and Acharyas of Bhagavad Ramanuja ? Swami Desika Satsampradayam and the encouragement of
- Moderators of sister Internet groups who hosted our Editorials in their sites.
- Editors of Religious Journals in India who kindly provided us due publicity in their publications.
- Recommendations of existing members for admitting their friends.
- The new members who joined out of their own volition.
Our membership has burgeoned to 3250 (including over 2250 Active members and about 1000 others whose mails bounce temporarily due to limited capacity of their mailboxes).

It is needless to say that this is ample testimony to the popularity of your Journal.

ISSUES RELEASED
About 120 Regular issues of SRS have been released, so far
(besides several Special Issues) ?
27 Issues of Vol. 1
15 Issues of Vol. 2 ?
42 Issues of Vol. 3 &-
35 Issues of Vol. 4
This works out to about 40 issues per year and more than 3 issues per month. Our ambition is to release at least once a week.

FEEDBACK
Although we receive feedback now and then, this does not seem to be sufficient. It is worth remembering that the authors who contribute do so out of their dedication and anxiety to share their knowledge and there is absolutely no commercial motive in their efforts. The only reward they may expect is a feedback of constructive criticism and words of encouragement, which we feel they richly deserve.

Nothing sustains their efforts more than this recognition by readers and nothing puts them off more than the seeming apathy of readers, as evidenced through the absence of such appreciation. This disappointment is not confined to Contributors to SRS only but also to all other Internet groups. In the absence of such input, there is no way for them to improve their output!

So, please ?Be honest in your appreciation and constructive in your criticism?.

To help you do this, we have catalogued the topics and shown the respective Volume / Issue in which they have appeared. Most of you would have perused them. If you have not done so or would like to re-view the same, you may do so NOW and give us the benefit of your valuable comments. You may indicate which serials or which articles you liked most and where you would like to offer suggestions for improvement. This will go a long way to help in improving the quality and content of your journal.

YOU MAY FAVOR US WITH YOUR FEEDBACK LATEST BY THE END OF THIS MONTH.

Please send your response to SriRangaSri-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(And NOT to SriRangaSri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTORS
Time and again, we invite kind attention of contributors to the guidelines in ?Sri Ranga Sri? Issues 04/24 dated 06/05/03 and 04/25dated 06/06/03 and the amendment in 04/28 dated 07/29/03 (archived at Yahoo group Messages 2678, 2691 and 2903). We earnestly request them once again to go through these BEFORE submitting their articles for publication in ?Sri Ranga Sri? and its sister group ?Satsangam?

In particular, we would like to reiterate-
NO DISCUSSIONS will be allowed in the JOURNAL even on matters featured in
the regular Issues of the JOURNAL. Any such discussions, appreciations, comments, criticisms or responses may be addressed to -
Satsangam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As only members can post, those desiring to post may enroll in the first place, by sending email to -
Satsangam-Subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SRS TOPICS FROM 2000 TO 2003
==========================
SRIMUKHAMS FROM YATHIVARAS 1.01
SRIMUKHAMS FROM ACHARYAS 1.02, 2.13
A NOTE TO MEMBERS, CONTRIBUTORS & MODERATORS 3.32
LAUNCHING OF SATSANGAM 4.24
GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTORS TO SRI RANGA SRI & SATSANGAM 4.25
AMENDMENT TO GUIDELINES 4.28
TOPICS PRESENTED AS SERIES OF ARTICLES AND CONCLUDED
SRIRANGA VIJAYAM- (Purisai Swami Tr. Anbil Ramaswamy)
1.03 to 1.20,3.03,3.04,3.05

ACHARYA VAMSA VRUKSHAM (Anbil Ramaswamy)
1.03 to 1.16

SEVA SWAMI?S SAMPRADAYA LESSONS ? Grade 1
Lesson 8 to 15 Tr. Anbil Ramaswamy 1.03 to 1.15,
(Lessons 1 To 7 have been archived at www.srivaishnava.org/sgati)

SEVA SWAMI?S SAMPRADAYA LESSONS ? Grade 2
Lessons 1 to 20 Tr. M.K.Srinivasan Swami
2.01, 2.02, 2.04, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 2.15, 3.03 to 3.09, 3.11 to 3.13

SRI VAISHNAVA SAMPRADAYAM
(Uruppattur Sri D. Soundararajan Swami)
1.03 to 1.08

GREATNESS OF RAMANUJA DARSANAM (Anbil Ramaswamy)
1.18 t0 1.25

SWAMI DESIKA?S SIMILES (UPAMA) (Anbil Ramaswamy)
3.22 to 3.37, 3.41, 4.02, 4.04 to 4.09, 4.13, 4.13A, 4.14, 4.17 to 4,20

RAMAPIRANAI KARPOM Vol. (H.H.Paravakkottai Srimad Andavan ?
Tr. Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.22 to 3.37, 3.40, 3.41, 4.02, 4.04 to 4.09 and 4.12

SRIMAD GOPALA DESIKA MAHA DESIKA VIMASATI
By Sri C.G. Balaji Swami from Bangalore 3.26 to.3.37, 3.41, 4.02, 4.04 to 4.08

SAPTA SARGA PAARAAYANAM (Anbil Ramaswamy)
4.09, 4.12, 4.13, 4.14, 4.17 to 4.21

GITAMRUTHAM & GODHAMRUTAM (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.11

RAMAMRUTAM & KRISHNAMRUTAM (Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.38,3.39, 3.40

HAMSA SANDESAM (Dr.M.Narasimhachary)
4.19 to 4.23, 4.26 to 4.28 and 4.31
DESIKA STOTRAMS
Ashtabujaashtakam (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.10
Dasavathara Sthothram, (Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.05 to 3.09, 3.11 to 3.20
(OTHER DESIKA STOTRAMS WILL FOLLOW)

OTHER STOTRAMS etc
Dhruva Stotram (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.18 and 1.19
Dhyana Slokas of Ashtaksharam, Dhvayam and Charama Slokam
(Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.07
Mukunda Mala of Kulasekara Azhwar (Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.18
Oordhva Pundara Dhaarana Dhyana Slokas (Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.18,3.19,3.20
(MANY MORE OTHER STOTRAMS TO FOLLOW)
INDIVIDUAL ARTICLES FEATURED
DESIKAMRUTHAM
Why Swami Desika is ?Srimaan?? (Sri Seva SwamigaL-Tr. Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.09
Thanja Paragathiyai Thantharulvon (Tillai Sri S. Govindarajan Swami) 1.09
Vedantha Desika Vaibhavam (Sri A.Sampath Swami) 1.10
Greatness Of Desika Darsanam (Uttamur-Tr. Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.18
Ramanuja and Swami Desika (Sri M.R.Rajagopala Iyengar Swami) 2.04
A True Srivaishnava- (Sri T. RamaswamiIyengarSwami) 2.06
The Great Personage And The Great Poet? (Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.07
Who Is Pradana Acharyan?(Sri S.Govindarajan Swami) 2.15
Terror Strikes Swami Desika (Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.31
Swamy Desikan - A Tribute (Sri Sadagopan Iyengar) 4.01
Humility of Swami Desika-2 Footwear Stories (Anbil Ramaswamy) 4.32
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

AZHWARS
KULASEKARA AZHWAR (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.26
TIRUMAZHISAI AZHWAR AND SWAMI DESIKAN (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.20, 3.16,
NAMMAAZHWAAR (Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.05
PERIYAAZHWAR (Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.08
ANDAL-SPECIAL ISSUE 2.12
-       THIRUVADIPOORAM SPECIAL REPORT 4.29
-       Glory of Tiruppavai (Sri Rangaswamy Muralidhar) 4.29
-       Andal (Sri Madhava Kannan) 4.29
(MANY MORE ON AZHWARS: TO FOLLOW)

KNOW THIS ACHARYA:
Sri Koorathazhavan (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.17,3.16
Puraana Desika and Abhinava Desika (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.17
Lineage Non-pareil (PA) Justice Sri M. Srinivasan Swami) 1. 19
Embar (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.20
Agnihotram Tatachariar Swami (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.21
Madhurantakam Tirumalai Eechambadi Veeraraghava Maha Desikan (Anbil Ramaswamy)1.22
Tirukkachi Nambigal, (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.26
Srimad Periya Andavan, (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.27
Sri Veeraraghava Mahadesikan, (37th) (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.27
Sri Manakkal NambigaL (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.27
Sri Srinivasa Mahadesikan, (19th) (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.27
Sri Panchamatha Bhajamnam Swami (Anbil Ramaswamy) 1.27
Sriman NathamunigaL-SPECIAL ISSUE (Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.09
PPA-Srinivasa Maha Desikan SPECIAL ISSUE (Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.14, 4.23
Debt & Delverance (Sri Sadagopan Iyengar) (3.42)
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

TOPICS Presented AT CONFERENCES
Sri Sannidhi and Sri Vaishnavam Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.02,3.03 and 3.04
Thiruvenkatamudayanum Azhwargal Anubhavamum, (Anbil Ramaswamy)
3.05 to 3.09,3.11 to 3.14,3.16 & 3.17

Maha Sudarsana Homam at Cleveland (Anbil Ramaswamy) 3.42
Sapta Sarga Parayanam of Sundarakandam 4.09
Significance Of Brahmotsavam 4.22
Part 1 of message for Achaarya Vaibhavam Conference:
at Washington DC area on 30th and 31st August 2003
"Perumal and Periya Perumal" (Anbil Ramaswamy) 4.33
Part 2 of message for Achaarya Vaibhavam Conference
at Washington DC area on 30th and 31st August 2003.4.33
"The Lord regrets!" (Anbil Ramaswamy) 4.33
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

REPORTS OF CONFERENCES & CELEBRATIONS
Ranga SamprokshaNam (Report- Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.03
Report on Ramanuja Jayanthi celebrated at Siva-Vishnu Temple,
Maryland on 21st April 2002-3.26
Report on Bhagavad Ramanuja Jayanti 4.21
Report on Sri Nrisimha Jayanthi 4.22
Report on Acharya Vaibhavam Conference at Washington DC area
on 30th and 31st August 2003 (Ms. Chitra Malolan) 4.34
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

ARTICLES SUBMITTED TO SOUVENIRS
======================================
U.Ve. Perukkaranai Swami Satabishekam Special 4.15
-       Kulamani Desika on Viswanbhara and Sudarkodi
(Anbil Ramaswamy) 4.15
-       Veda Nool Pirayam Nooru, (Sri Sadagopan Iyengar) 4.15
-       Bhagavad Ramanuja (Sri Madhava Kannan)
-       Yentharo Mahanubhavulu (Sri V.Satakopan) 4.16
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

SPECIAL ISSUES
==================
?Triple tragedy?-Homage to Sri Srinidhi, Sri Seva, and Sri Mukkur Swamis
(Anbil Ramaswamy) 2.01
Homage to Mukkur Swami (Sri M.K.Sudarsan Swami of Kuwait) 2.02
Hanumat Jayanthi Special Issue (Anbil Ramaswamy)
Chandra Grahanam, 4.22
Subanu Upakarma Procedure (Special Issue) 4.30
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

QUESTION BOX * QUIZ PROGRAMS Question Box Qns/Replies (Anbil Ramaswamy)
1.21, 1.22, 2.11, 3.09,3.14, 3.15, 3.24, 4.11, 4.13A
(MANY MORE TO FOLLOW)

GREETINGS
Deepavali Greetings 3.01, 4.03
New Year Greetings 4.08
Sankaranthi Greetings 3.10, 4.09,
PuthanDu Greetings 4.19
(MORE TO FOLLOW)

REVIEW OF BOOKS, CDs etc (MORE TO FOLLOW)
Sri Mukkur Swami's CD on Sri Nruhari Hridayam 3.02
?Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram? by Sri M.S.Parthasarathy Iyengar
Vedanta Desikar vaibhavam- Sravana Upanyasams- Smt.Hema Rajagopalan 3.17
(MORE TO FOLLOW)

PANCHANGA SANGRAHAM etc.
Important Days of Ani 4.26
Important Days in Adi 4.27
Import Days in Avani 4.31
Important Days in Purattasi 4.33
(MORE TO FOLLOW)

TOPICS PRESENTED IN SERIES OF ARTICLES (TO BE RESUMED)
SRI BASHYAMRUTHAM (Anbil Ramaswamy)
1.03, 1.08,2.01,2.02, 2.04, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 2.13, 2.15

BHAGAVAD GITAMRUTAM (Anbil Ramaswamy)
1.13-1.15, 2.01, 2.02, 2.04, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 2.13, 2.15

CURRRENTLY RUNNING SERIES (TO CONTINUE)
SWAMI DESIKA?S SRIMAD RAHASYA TRAYA SARAM
(SRI SADAGOPAN IYENGAT SWAMI)
3.22 to 3.29, 3.31, 3.33, 3.34, 3.36, 3.37, 3.41, 3.42, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05 to 4.09, 4.12 to 4.23, 4.26 to 4.28, 4.31 to 4.33, 4.35

FROM THE MAHABHARATA: YAKSHA PRASNAM
(M.K.Ramaswamy Iyengar Swami)
3.26 to 3.37, 3.41, 4.04, 4.05, 4.07, 4.08, 4.13, 4.13A, 4.14, 4.17 to 4.20, 4.23,
4.26 to 4.28, 4.31, 4.32, 4.35

GOTRAS AND PRAVARAS (Anbil Ramaswamy)
4.09, 4.12 to 4.14, 4.17 to 4.20, 4.23, 4.26 to 4.28, 4.31, 4.32, 4.35
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com